I need some advice please

There is many programs you can be a part of … AA , NA, refuge recovery , smart recovery… the point is to not do this alone . Have a support group and put your recovery first every day . Take it one day at a time . I’m in very early recovery and only have a couple weeks . I relapsed after 5 months but I basically started Isolating and forgot the pain and annoyance of drinking and all the bs is causes . I think this site has helped me a lot to . I ride my bike a lot … call other alcoholics I met at meetings , I try to eat right . Trust me I get the insomnia. I couldn’t sleep for literally 3 days straight after detox and the meds wore off . Eventually your sleep cycle will work it self out . If you can sleep don’t toss and turn and think to much , maybe try to read or eat something. Magnesium I heard helps with anxiety and sleep . There are other natural remedies for sleep like melatonin, Passion flower and a bunch of stuff . Do your research. Hang in there . You got this !!! Ohh yeah make a gratitude list when you feel down . Much love and god bless

1 Like