I need some inspiration PLEASE

I am REALLY trying not to drink but tonight I am feeling the urge. I am stressed out and my brain is obsessing the fantasy of the buzzed wine feeling. I know it won’t be worth it I know I will feel bad about it afterwards but for some reason right now I don’t care and I just want to feel the release. Thank you guys I already feel a little better writing this but I needed to tell someone so I don’t go to the corner store!

4 Likes

Best thing to do when the urge hits is get on here and share. Every time you beat that urge, it gets easier.

3 Likes

i needed ‘bad’ time so i went to the market and got myself a frozen pizza - ate the whole thing in one sitting! :joy:

9 Likes

Mint chocolate chip ice cream with Ruffles potato chips! Yum, sugar!

2 Likes

Man, I used to eat the whole pint of Moose Tracks and then some in probably the first six months I was sober. I also learned to take hour long baths with candles, music, Epsom salts, a book…anything to help that itch go away. Indulge yourself in whatever way you need, as long as it keeps you out of the bottle.

5 Likes

Cookies and coffee, long walks, going to bed early, making yourself do a bunch of sit ups, cleaning, reading. Those are just a few options.

3 Likes

Occupy your mind & your time I was struggling yesterday. I wanted drink so bad but this app & YouTube videos about not drinking (AlcoholMasteryTv). I also had to find the strength because I didn’t want to mess up the progress I had made, I would have disappointed myself. Make a list of the reason why you are choosing to be sober. You got this :muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

6 Likes

I know what you mean I am going through the same thing so I came here instead of going to the liquor store. Thankfully I saw this post!

5 Likes

Thanks so much all of you. I made it through! I took my dog for a walk and then ate some carbs lol. Also a bubble bath :wink: y’all’s response REALLY helped me out and I greatly appreciate it. I feel a little bit stronger each time I overcome those cravings. I remind myself just how long it took me to try to get back on the wagon this time. Thanks again :blush::+1:

7 Likes

Glad it worked out :heart: And you will notice that every time you naile that craving it makes you stronger! :facepunch:

b9055d48e1a0380e77d4048e500ca41c

4 Likes