I need to make it through the week

Whatever it takes Willy!
Whatever it takes.
No shame in that.
My first few months were work, bath, bed. Literally.

1 Like

I hear you there. This is really tough right now. The urge isn’t going away.

You need to distract you mind. Clean house, go for a run, anything that will change the mind.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on school work. I’m in a certification program for medical billing and coding. But the thought of drinking still seems to be there because I don’t go back to work until tomorrow night. I keep reminding myself that if I choose to drink there is a big possibility that I’m not going to submit my school work on time because it’s due by midnight. I’m using that thought to keep me going, but I have to keep reminding myself. It feels weird. And for some reason the time feels like it’s just dragging today

Your doing good buddy. It’s early days and it can be so so hard to ignore the voice.
Some people give it a name, I think one lady calls it her " wine witch!"
They find it easier to tell it to fuck off!
Keep going bud, it’s going to ok.

1 Like

My temptation got the best of me and I messed up last night. Now I’m dealing with the hangover. This sucks :unamused:

"Maybe I should start getting involved in online AA meetings. I also need to come up with ideas on how to live without alcohol in my life, because I don’t think I know how. I’ve been drinking for 24 years and the longest I ever went without it was 6 months. I always say I want to try to beat that record, but unfortunately I can’t seem to go past five days"

C’mon WillyD; you know how to do it if you went 6 months!! Are you hanging with your drinking buddies? What can you do differently to not have to write another day 1?

You got this it’s hard and it’s going to get harder but little by little it gets easier after that just push through the worst of it! You are not alone in this my friend :blue_heart:

That’s the thing. I wasn’t even with any drinking buddies. I took a walk to the store to pick up some almond milk for smoothies, I end up coming back with a 12-pack instead. Im my own worst enemy. Sometimes I’m wondering if it’s loneliness or something

So what you going to do buddy.
Something isn’t working?
What are you doing to stay connected to your sobriety.
I notice you’ve been here three days but have one hour read time.
I think I did more than that on my first day here.
You need to stay in touch with sobriety.
It’s no good just thinking that just stopping will work.
Especially if you don’t change anything. The voice will always be there to bring you down.

Nope, just your addiction trying to keep you down.
Rise above this.

I get that; I’m alone almost all the time. It is easy when no one is there to be accountable with. BUT, it’s a life change you obviously want to do. Commit to it; become that person who used to drink but was smart enough to know it does nothing good in your life. If I can you can, Willy… Lord knows I loved my beer too; but guess what? Life is better without it. Life’s too short to spend it hungover or drunk.
Stick around…

1 Like