I need your prayers

21 months in recovery from opiates and benzos I had a bad accident…
I am an avid competition benchrest rifle shooter…I had a small fire in my basement Friday evening and it got into my inventory of gunpowder…while trying to put the fire out an 8 pound can of gunpowder exploded right at my feet,I was blown 20 feet into the block wall and knocked out,when I came to the fire was spreading and I went to go out the basement door and the explosion had blown the doors off the house…I got the water hose and put the fire out before the fire department got there…

Now for the bad part,both hands and arms have 3rd degree burns and I was life flighted to Vanderbilt in Nashville to the burn center…I could not stand the pain and took shots of fentanyl the 1st 2 days and been on 10 mg Roxy’s the last 2 days…

I am not worried about getting over the burns it’s not knowing how I am going to react to stopping the opiates after about a week or 10 days of use…I tried this morning to skip a does but after 10 hours the pain was unbearable.

Please just pray for me to not have any bad reactions when I heal enough to stop the pain meds…

13 Likes

I’ll pray, but my dude, please don’t suffer unnecessarily. You’ve been around long enough for me to know that you work a solid program of recovery. Trust in your HP and the lessons you have already learned and you will be fine.

10 Likes

I am so sorry you are going through this and thankful that you are okay. I understand your worries, but please take the meds you need to help you thru this. I am sure you have discussed whether there are alternatives you can try. Managing your pain will assist with your recovery. And Derek said it best, you can do this.

I will keep you in my thoughts and send positive healing juju your way. :heart:

3 Likes

That must’ve been horrific Eric. I’m so glad you didn’t get hurt worse. I’ll send strength your way bud. :heart:

2 Likes

Omg!! You’re lucky to be alive. I’m so sorry and I will definitely pray for your healing but there’s no need to suffer. That pain has got to be so intense. Focus on getting better first and then get back to recovery. I say take the pain meds according to the prescribed dose and have the doctor wean you off when you’re feeling better.

2 Likes

You are in my prayers :pray:

3 Likes

Take the meds brother! I’ll pray for you

2 Likes

Take care! This ain’t no joke take your medication for now. Your hurt…

2 Likes

:pray: Your are reaching out and putting your fears out in the open. Being honest with the doctors about addiction is essential. There is time’s like this where pain meds are 100% necessary but only you will be able to know when it is time to stop.
Rest up, stay comfortable and keep reaching out :blossom:

4 Likes

To keep it bearable I’m taking 300 mg gabapentin ever 8 hours and 10 mg oxycodone ever 4 hours…if I go any longer than that it gets very painful very fast…

They say a other 4 or 5 says and I should be past the worse of it .

Thanx for the positive thoughts

4 Likes

Good to hear, Eric. Thank you for keeping us updated. :orange_heart:

1 Like

I’m going home from hospital today

4 Likes

So very sorry to hear this. Sending prayers.
I hope you don’t mind me asking; what caused to fire? My hubby is a target shooter and also reloads ammo, and this has always been a fear of mine (explosions, fire etc down in his “gun room”). So I’m curious how the fire started and if you have any tips for safety for us. Take care :two_hearts:

1 Like

You are in my prayers :pray:t2:

:pensive: That’s awfull! So sorry for you. Please take you meds and heal first.
I light a candle for your healing :pray:

All my stuff is in the basement which h doubles as a garage,I was working on something unrelated earlier and I think the fire spread into my reloading stuff from there…
If I hadn’t hot the fire put out there was about 40 more pounds of powder that may have caused some serious problems.

Here is an 8 pound can that was on fire that I got put out before it exploded.

1 Like