I relapsed after 120 days

It’s quite upsetting but I have to put it out there… I picked up a drink last Thursday and had more then a few all weekend. I finally ended up resetting my clock and starting from zero again. I made 120 days without touching it but thought I made it this far I dont need to worry. I need to start going back to more AA classes. This sucks.

6 Likes

You’re back at it and that is what is important ! Learn from this and make yourself stronger because of it! There are brighter days ahead! Hit up a meeting like you said and start working on you again! You’ve done it before and I know you can do it again!

2 Likes

Sam I’m so sorry. I can only imagine how proud you were of the amount of time you’d gone without it. The sad reality is,I don’t think we get to that “oh I can handle it now” stage in our addictions. We just have to leave them alone. I’m glad you started over,just keep your head up

3 Likes

Well done for making 120 days. You’ve proven that you can. Drop the guilt, pick yourself up and keep going! You can do it. Just keep going.

1 Like

Thank you @Sam-thebeachguy for sharing and your honesty. I’m not far behind you in days and you have helped me as I reflected on how far I’ve come and reaffirmed I want to maintain my sobriety.

You didn’t do all that hard work for 120 days for nothing, you have learnt from your sobriety, get back on the track and yes, get to AA and work the program if you can.

2 Likes

Lift the phone before you lift a drink

3 Likes

Thank you for being honest with us and I’m glad you’re ready to restart your journey! :slight_smile: any ideas what led you to that first drink? X

1 Like

There is no shame in relapse as long as you have the strength to start over. Think of it as 120 day + 1 and so on. No one can take those 120 days away from you and that is a huge accomplishment. Keep going strong!

3 Likes

It wasnt a trigger. My friend asked me to be his best man… we were shooting pool at the bar which has never been an issue I guess I was just happy for him and ordered him a shot but for absolutly no reason got myself one too. That was the start I didn’t get drunk but I drank everyday for 4 days until Sunday. 3days sober today