I relapsed and need helpšŸ„ŗ

I relapsed this weekend. it was 2 weeks and i just did it and it breaks my heart, now iā€™m soreā€¦ have a scratched up face and bad anxiety from all the horrible events that happened last night including fighting my best friend. I want to stop so bad, itā€™s tearing my life apartā€¦ what are your guys opinions on this, i have deleted the friends and blocked them, i told everyone i know not to invite/mention it to me because itā€™s a touchy subject for meā€¦ what else can i do. :pleading_face::sob:

8 Likes

Sorry you are suffering girl, sounds like you had a really tough time. Do you think youā€™re done with it yet? What can you do that you didnā€™t do before last weekend to keep you sober?
Telling friends not to invite you to drinking events, is that what you are saying? If so, thatā€™s a good idea in early sobriety. Or if you get invited, donā€™t go until you are firmer in your sobriety.

4 Likes

so much more. i would highly recommend seeking out meetings. there are virtual meetings on In The Rooms, or go to in person. work the steps, get a sponsor. change your life. good luck! :heart:

4 Likes

thank you, i am a single mother so my sons dad taking him for the weekends really takes a toll on me tbh. i think maybe just asking for him to see him more during the weekdays and keeping myself busy would help but feeling like i loose all my ā€œfriendsā€ when iā€™m sober

2 Likes

Sorry hear u went 8n horrible drinking party over weekend @madisonpen77

Yeah you might lose some friends. But can you afford to keep them if their company makes you want to drink?
Maybe use your free time to establish a meeting routine? Spend time on here? Reconnect with yourself, as drunks we avoid ourselves and forget who we are.
Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

turns out now Iā€™m clean and sober I donā€™t really have friends bc the only thing we had in common was getting shit faced. Iā€™ve gained so much more on the inside that I can communicate with any random person I meet and hold a polite meaningful conversation, family life is better, people at work suddenly arenā€™t all idiots and my time alone is either relaxing or productive. My friends are still high drunk and in denial, some arenā€™t even in denial they are openly miserable and can only see the negitive. I remember that feeling :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your troubles. I found that Dharma Recovery helped me quite a bit. Tons of online meetings. You can do this! Youā€™ll be at two weeks again in no time.

3 Likes

Lol @ your work mates are not idiots! :smile:
Go figure!

3 Likes

Actually a few still are but the difference is they no longer have to be my problem. When I was the centre of the universe everyone was either with me or against me, you were with me as long as you agreed with everything I said and if you were against me it was some conspiracy to ruin my life. :joy:

5 Likes

Surrender.
Become humble.
Accept help.
Listen and learn.
Let go.
Forgive.
Be honestā€¦

Just to name a few things.

3 Likes

Go to rehab if you want to stop than stop sounds harsh but its true

3 Likes

Do aS I do just got to go through the process of detox what ever happens donā€™t drink anymore after 72 hours your symptoms start to go away drink plenty of liquid Gatorades and get some food in your stomach Iā€™m just barely in my second day and my shakes and anxiety starting to go away

1 Like