I see I'm going to need a hobby

I’ve always wanted to do embroidery and I’m going to use the money that I save from not drinking alcohol and not smoking cigarettes to start this Hobby

11 Likes

Good for you. I’m always trying some new artistic hobby and I can’t get anything to stick. I have no idea what to do.

2 Likes

Omg. Dunno why, but the title of this thread made me lol in the best way. :rofl:

That dawning revelation that with new time and money free from addiction, it’s time to find something better to do! :+1:

5 Likes

Great idea! There are some tutorials on youtube. I always wanted to do embroidery too just havent sat down to actually do it.

2 Likes

I have watched on YouTube to right now I’m just going to take out my yarn and crochet a scarf

3 Likes

Same here.
I immediately thought of my first few weeks of sobriety like, damn. Guess I’ll become a runner now :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

When I got sober I started buying shoes with my extra money… My shoe closet has gotten out of hand needless to say…

But I then started
playing football competitively
Flying planes
Coaching pee wee football
Volunteer work
SERVICE WORK IN AA
stepping outside my comfort zone
Traveling more
Getting more involved at work
… It doesn’t have to be a hobby it can just be something that you need to spend more time with than you put off before… But I couldn’t sit still in my first year of recovery… :joy: I was never home I was either at a meeting or playing football or in the sky​:heart::football: the 2nd year I chilled out haha

9 Likes

I have got the most unrelentingly nerdy hobbies going and could never find time for them while I was drinking.
Youtube tutorials ftw!

3 Likes

I learned how to cross stitch early in sobriety and am learning to embroider now. They’re both super easy and fast to pick up!

9 Likes

I’ve picked up photography again. Always been into it but seemed to have rather spent my time sitting around being drunk than doing something enjoyable. Learning photoshop right now and just really enjoy it all. Plus the money I will have lying around from not drinking is going to allow me new equipment and the freedom to go other places for pictures.

3 Likes

Love this one!

2 Likes

Oh my god! How muchh more do we have time to do now we are not racing to the bottom of a bottle?. Probably researched and learnt more the last month sober than the last 5 years. And enjoying packing the brain with the new knowledge.

2 Likes