I surrender

Tonight was my final straw. I’m so disgusted with myself. I surrender. I can’t live my life this way. My alcoholism led me to become an addict as well. I had a scare with my drinking three weeks ago and I thought I would be okay to have some drinks last night but I’m sick as ever. I can’t live this way. Please someone talk to me. I hate this life.

10 Likes

You’re here. You are not alone. You have help and support here.

1 Like

Get a plan. Stay here. Be accountable. Get outside help if you want to and are able to. ( AA … therapy … zoom … )
Glad you posted.
Read, read read and know if others can do it, you can too.

2 Likes

It’s hard because no one knows how much I struggle and no one knows about my drug use that I picked up drinking. My family and friends knows I drink but no one knows about the drug use. Every time I drink I want to use. I know drinking is the cause of my problems and the withdrawal from the drug use is making me so sick that I can’t even drink. I’m roughing it out right now and it’s so hard. 24 hours in and I feel like giving up.

2 Likes

Keep posting here.
Make sure you’re safe as far as the drug withdrawal goes.
Hard is doable. Not giving up is doable.
It’s what you want for you.
One second at a time hang in there.
Again be sure about your safety withdrawing from whatever drug.
You can talk here.

1 Like

@Alisa is right - you have 24 hours down now, it’s better to keep stacking minutes and hours. All success begins someplace and some time when we decide to persevere despite the discomfort and pain.

Bottom comes when we surrender the notion that our dignity or pride must be preserved, when we accept our helplessness deeply then seek and accept help no matter the cost.

Alcohol detox can be medically challenging, but continuing to drink and use drugs is guaranteed to be worse.

4 Likes

Been there done that my friend. Your body is telling you like mine did, it’s time to let that old using life go.

For me, I couldn’t get the support I needed from my family or friends. And that was honestly the best thing for me because working with other people who REALLY get it and found their way to recovery saved my life by working with me.

You can do this my friend. I’m glad you’re here

1 Like

Yes, your body is telling you it needs to get better. Listen to it and fight those cravings. You made it 24hrs, next make it to 36hrs. When you get to 36hrs then fight to make it to 48hrs and so on.
Thats what I’m telling myself during my sobriety now . You got this !

1 Like