I think I have a drinking problem

Hi Cody, I also have two beautiful children and a wife. I quit for similar reasons. I needed to be a better father and husband.

It was hard at first, but overtime I started to love my new sober life and the better relationships I built with my wife and kids. My youngest who is now 7 doesnt even remember my drinking days.

1 Like

I’m a firm believer that putting a name on something and speaking it gives me proper perspective on it, even power over it. Addiction kills us in silence.

2 Likes

Drinking it hard get rid of

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for your support.

I want to be honest and say I’ve failed. I worked tonight and held off until the very end and drank. I had two beer.

I’m now home and am going to have another. Funny enough with my wife. It’s enjoyable and despicable.

Sorry for letting you down.

2 Likes

Welcome :pray:t3:

Its a choice we make. No one going to force you to drink, or force you to stop. Wish you well.

1 Like

You chose to drink today; when you wake tomorrow, you have another choice. Make your choice then.

If you chose to drink today, change something up tomorrow. Go to a meeting perhaps. Spend more time on here. Take a walk.

You have choices. You don’t let us down or lift us up with your choices - it’s you who struggles and who succeeds. We’re here to support you always :innocent:

3 Likes

You only fail if you stop coming back. Like others have said it’s a choice that was made. Try to learn from it and move on. Everyone here will help you, but you have to be sure you want to stop too.

1 Like

How did you do tonight @CodyBrown? Hopefully, you’re starting day 2 of your sober journey.

It is almost 1 AM where I live right now and once again I’ve had drinks. Once again with my wife. There is something nice about it. I have held back considerably but it’s extremely difficult.

I’m not sure what my relationship with alcohol is or should be.

I hope to gain clarity through sobriety… I just don’t know when that will happen.

It sounds like you’re just not ready yet. That day will come when you decide enough is enough and we’ll be here when it happens.

4 Likes

We’ll still be here Cody holding your spot when you decide to embark on your journey, come on back. Take it easy.

1 Like

Taking the first step is what you just did and just acknowledging you have a drinking problem is major.

I had to hit my rock bottom with a DUI and two days in jail before I got my wakeup call.
The toughest step I took was walking into my first AA meeting.
Best decision of my life!
I’m 3 years sober and happy about my sobriety.
I still attend AA.

I had to walk away from situations that made my drinking easy and it sounds like you may need to do that since alcohol is so readily available to you.
I also started to see a recovery counselor and that was one of the best decisions I made too.

I didn’t wake up soon enough and lost some family members. I made my amends but, they’ve chosen not to be in my life.

It sounds like you still have time to repair your relationships and please get the help you need now before they decide to walk away.

This is a wonderful group of people who will support you all the way.
Glad you took this first step and I’m glad you are here.

2 Likes