I think I may be losing the fight

@anon12657779 thank you for that, I am seeing that now. Seems like a great community, ready to try this for real now.

2 Likes

@Ravikamor You remembered! :blush: I am definitely ready for a good go this time and hope to learn a lot and accept the fact, I am only human and can’t do it alone, clearly. I plan on sticking around!

3 Likes

@Leonn appreciate that man, I will definitely do the same.

1 Like

You acknowledging you have a problem is the very start. You have got to want it… want it more than anything else. There are times it sucks beyond belief but you FIGHT and keep fighting and each day it gets a little easier. I promise you it’s worth it. YOU can do this. I believe in you… you have to believe in yourself. :muscle:t3::heart::pray:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

@Dragonflygirl82 aw thank you, that means a lot. I definitely won’t be giving up and will continue to fight. I can do better and will do better!

2 Likes

Starting to fight the good fight again. I’m used to starting again. I just need to maintain better this time. To realize what I’m fighting for. It’s to be Here to keep fighting. Being alive because we abstain is the point. We can use our “good” time, our “free from the chains of addiction time.” To make the most of our chances. Chances to Love, Live, and Rejuvenate our selves. God Bless and the very best of luck and determination to everyone.

3 Likes

You’re already winning by coming back here.
I can relate almost too much to giving in way easier when with a group of people. I used to keep my struggle to myself and pretend it wasn’t a problem. Once I accepted that it was a problem, I was able to hold myself accountable. I set boundaries. But most importantly I was honest with those around me about my problem. I was scared about being judged or not taken seriously but you’d be surprised. Anyone who truly cares about you won’t pressure to drink if you tell them it’s a problem for you. The people that encourage it, well that’s where boundairss come in to action. The best things I’ve done are ask for help, cut out toxic people, and be honest.

2 Likes

Very well said🙂

I totally relate to what you said. I finally told my best friend everything and the chat went so much better than I thought, we even hung out and didn’t even mention it, just had a good time(sober of course) and telling someone that close to me(friends since little kids) helped so much. Appreciate the message :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like