I think positive!

Hey guys, I’m johnny, I’m new here. Short story: after 2 years daily abuse I started to quit, and this week I had my first clean day. At least it was not more then this one day​:sweat_smile: but after that I had my first clean 4 days. I know that I shouldn’t charme myself too much but I’m a little bit proud of myself. Next goal is one week. I think I can do it. And even more :muscle:
To read that other people have the same struggle as you and that you’re not alone helps really a lot!

16 Likes

Welcome, Johnny. Glad to hear about the clean time. Reading here has helped me very much as well. Hope to hear about that one week soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi ya I’m so pleased your adding up your clean days . This app is a great way to get help and support. Please keep reading and reaching out on here were all here to help eachother through our recovery x good luck x

4 Likes

Be proud and add another day!
If you do just that every day it leads you to a clean life! :facepunch:

1 Like

Thank you so much! To talk about my problems without the fear of judging is really a help. At first I was really not sure if this app or this community will help me, but I think without I wouldn’t be able to make this first step into a new life or at least it is a lot easier, this means a lot to me!

2 Likes

Keep it up. Just think every day you chose to wake up sober and that right there be proud af of yourself !!

1 Like

I’m starting to feel proud. I just to want to get to arrogant…

Be very welcome!!! You have reasons to be proud. You are doing great!!!

How is this going? :slight_smile:

My main problem are amphetamines and cocain. Some days I smoke a little bit weed, sometimes I take a half pill benzo, but these things are not really the center of my addiction, you know what I mean? I try to stay away from everything but yesterday honestly I smoked a little joint. It really helped me to sleep, I don’t feel the need to do it again and so I’m mostly “okay with that”…

I’m away from uppers for a week now and my body is really thankful. normal eating and sleeping feels just so relaxing.
It is still really hard but I try not to think about it and make just one day after another.

Long story short, yes I reached my goal of a week :smile:

If I may gently challenge you, I wanted to highlight this and ask: if you tried to stay away from everything but weren’t able to, does that not suggest your relationship with the other substances is perhaps a bit more complex than just “take it or leave it”? It may not be the center of the issue, but it could be part of it. A number of people who just quit particular substances and not others, end up substituting one addiction for another because the underlying addiction pattern never gets fully eradicated. It even can lead to falling back into the original addiction. I don’t want this to happen to you.

Glad to hear you’ve stayed off the stimulants for a week. :+1:

You are definitely right and I know that. On the one hand I’m very happy that I came so far, it feels like I take a big step in the right direction but on the other I know that there is still a long way to go, I’m just at the beginning and I should watch myself and things like that, especially for me, are a play with fire and not the way I wanna go. I appreciate your honestly in that point.
I will do my very best, try to make the right decision every day and so come closer to the big goal step by step. I think everyday is a new chance to do it right and I really wanne take it.

Ps: I hope my Grammer is not too bad :smile: I used the translator a lot for single words but the Grammer is just what sounds right to me and what I remember from learning at school, I hope it’s okay :smile:

1 Like

Welcome,
Keep up the good work and keep strong
Take it one day at the time
Realize that good is good enough
Keep trust in yourself and keep the faith

Here’s to your 7 days clean

Today I went to my first meeting, a self help group for drug addicts.
It was a very intense. And it was very mentally exhausting… In a good way!
I will definitely go there again next week.
It was a big step for me to go there and because of that I’m even more happy that it was such a positive experience for me.

Really tough but successful day, good night :wink::sleeping:

1 Like

Great to hear it went well! Sounds like a positive thing to be doing for your sobriety.