I thought I was the only one

To be going through things. But seeing some of the comments, I realise I’m not alone. And together we can all get through this.

16 Likes

I think that in society, if we got real and quit hiding the pain, it would be a whole lot different. Can you imagine what the world would be like if we all talked like we do on here?

6 Likes

Yes it would make a huge difference!

2 Likes

A world where people shared their feelings lol.

My bf just sent me a photo of him with another guy. When we talked on the phone he said, he’s a good looking guy, don’t worry there’s nothing going on. I said, I didn’t until you said that and if there is then you’re an idiot, either way I’m not worried. Don’t know what the fuck he was trying to achieve but I let it go and sent him a photo of me saying “when you look like this you don’t worry about other guys”

Maybe I shouldn’t have done that but shoulda woulda coulda, before I’d have been anxious about stuff like that and drank, now I couldn’t care less.

Maybe there’s a message in that.

7 Likes

LMAO :joy: I love your response to him for being a passive-aggressive ass. (High 5) The message that you couldn’t care less has to be that you’re growing in recovery and looking after yourself, your thoughts, and feelings in a healthy manner. :grin: Nothing wrong with a dose of sarcasm and humor

2 Likes

Well done Daithi, you are so right!! No harm in giving someone a taste of his own medicine. It’s great that you can be strong and are managing so well.

2 Likes

You are right, you are defiantly going through this alone, we are always here for you.

1 Like

Haha awesome, what a kick ass response. Don’t regret it :wink:

3 Likes

@Bear Yep, you are definitely not alone! In fact, when I’m feeling isolated in my dumb addiction, I come on here. It really helps reaching out to everyone.

1 Like

He was being an ass, has been messaging to say he didn’t mean anything by it etc, treating it with the indifference it deserves. I got an I love you message, I replied with “I know” :joy:.

I’m accepting he’s not perfect and people do or say stupid things and I can’t let them impact me or my mental wellbeing.

5 Likes

Exactly !!!

1 Like