I try and try

Why I can live withaout alcohol? One week i stay clean and then im so nervous and angry. I hate my life.This is not my life enymore. I so week​:frowning::cry:

5 Likes

I could have written the same thing for years. Its hard in the beginning. However, life does get better. I ended up having to change a lot in my life to get sober. I dont miss anything. Have you tried a program like AA or SMART…or maybe even a counselor or therapist?

You are strong enough, and you deserve a sober life.

2 Likes

Im not a meeting type

2 Likes

I am not an expert on SMART, but i believe a lot of it can be done online. That might help

1 Like

I have therapist and drugs, but I struggel and drink again

1 Like

i try. thanks

1 Like

Talking to more and more people always helped me

1 Like

Something I did in my first days, because I didnt just storm into an AA meeting either…I wrote down all the people I hurt and things i did wrong when I was drinking. I then wrote down a list of all the things I wanted to do, that continued drinking would prevent. I read them daily. I prayed for guidance. Every morning i would look at myself in the mirror and simply say, “drinking is not an option”. Every night before I went to bed, I found things to be thankful for because I was sober…even if it was that all there was, was that I was sober. I tried to reinforce the greatness that sobriety brought me.

4 Likes

i dont have people who knows my proplem. I drink home alone

You say you are not the meeting type of person. Have you tried a few to know this for sure?

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance–that principle is contempt prior to investigation.”

3 Likes

Your post is titled “I try and I try” so I assume what you’ve been doing isn’t working. So you need to find what new things you are willing to try.

Maybe just try ONE meeting (whichever program you might find near you). and see what you think. But you have to go in with an open mind and look for the similarities, not the differences. Maybe it won’t be for you but maybe, just maybe, you’ll love it and you’ll meet people who will be able to support you in real life.

7 Likes

I wasn’t a meeting type of person either, i tried to do it myself so many times and fell flat on my face. I too was a secret drinker just drinking at home alone so no one really knew the extent of my drinking. I got to the point where I attempted suicide and at that point when it did not work i reached out for every kind of help i could get. I went to alcohol services and hit every kind of meeting i could, starting with SMART and then AA going to these meetings is something I thought i would never do and like everyone else it saved my life. You have nothing to loose by trying them out, but you have alot to loose if you don’t, yourself your happiness even your life

5 Likes

thank you. I start with smart

1 Like

Hi. Seems whatever you trying isn’t working well. There are loads of avenues you can take to get sober. Above are mentioned many.
Ultimately, it starts with you having an open mind to do whatever it takes. Even if this takes you out of your comfort zone!
Good luck. The peeps on here are a great bunch who always like to help others.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat so I know exactly what u are going thru. I keep telling myself that I don’t want to drink anymore, I want to live a sober life. And I fail after a couple days. I think the longest I went in the last six months is 11 days, and then I went back and drank. I usually average 2-3 days between boughts. But I want to be done with it but I struggle. I’ve tried medications, therapy, vitamins, etc but my cravings over power everything. I continually pray to be strong and I am a God fearing person but this alcohol has a strong hold on me. Please pray for my strength. I’m done, I don’t want to drink anymore

3 Likes

this alcohol is an evil thing it takes your life. I hate that

2 Likes

You aren’t weak. You just have to remind yourself that drinking really isn’t worth it. Being hungover isn’t worth it. You, you are worth it. How are you?

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from and believe me I’ve been in your shoes. But this disease will kill you. And saying no to a suggestion because you’re not that type of person will also kill you. You cannot get sober on your own your self will has gotten you where you are today. Which is Alone by yourself drunk and Afraid and staring death right in the face. Nobody’s thrilled about going to meetings in the beginning because I sure as hell wasn’t but what I found when I stepped into a room full of Alcoholics was a bunch of people who felt the exact same way that I did and who were living a life that I wanted. The life with hope Joy happiness and real sobriety. I couldn’t do that by myself no matter how hard I tried no matter how many times I change the amount of alcohol I drank or the type of alcohol I drank or the times that I drank alcohol or the crazy concoctions that I would come up with I couldn’t do it on my own. I needed people who have done it to show me how to do it this forum will not get you sober these people cannot get you sober you have to be willing to go to any lengths to change your life to change everything about your life to be uncomfortable and you try something different because everything that you were doing right now hasn’t worked for you. I’m a straight shooter and I tell it how it is and I’m sorry if that hurts your feelings I’d rather hurt your feelings then see you dead. I have four and a half years sober and I loved every second of my life and it’s all thanks to Alcoholics Anonymous I will be eternally in debt to this program and the people who save my life because I was looking at a death sentence. So before you make up a bunch of excuses as to why you can’t do something why don’t you just do something different because there’s one thing I know about people and about excuses it’s that excuses kill the excuses will kill you before the alcohol does your excuse as to why you can’t do something your excuse to why it won’t work for you when it’s worked for millions of people all across the world that excuse will kill you. I suggest finding your way to a meeting and reaching your hand out and asking for help and doing whatever somebody tells you to do without making an excuse for yourself… Bc if you don’t you won’t make it own your own

7 Likes

Nicely put. True. @DMam1 @gibson. The excuses come from your alcoholic brain. It’s not going to let go of you!
This is what you are fighting, it will keep on drawing you back in because it wants you to drink, it wants you to be miserable.
You have to fight back, and sometimes that fight hurts! Physically and mentally
This is why there are tried and tested programs out there that work.
But you are the only ones who can start the ball rolling, and keeping it there is the hardest thing you are going to do in your life!!
Believe me, ask anyone on here and who has made the same choices.

4 Likes

I join with SMART Recovery. Will see!

5 Likes