I turned out to be gay and hid it from myself

Hi there, day 13 for me…and I’ve been using something (booz, weed, meat om, ghb, sex) since I was 15…try to quit with all these things at least a hundred times. Well GHB I quit in just one time after getting in the hospital after a OD​:scream:…I’m a woman, 45 years old, married for the second time (first time was with the father of my two sons; I was in that relationship for 20 years) and now in a 8 year relationship and married! Last September I discovered that I am gay! I love women…feel sexually attracted to them etc. Whole my life I was hiding this for myself…instead I developed sort of hate towards women. Very weird because I am a very open mined person. My own son is gay and that’s no problem at all…All those years I was in denial of myself, my feelings and thoughts. I thought being sober would be very hard, but so far it’s great. I almost cannot imagine it stays this way but I think that my discovery of being gay and being very open about it to the people around me (family, friends and colleagues etc.) and the fact that everybody accepts it made me a healed and whole person. I’ve got the feeling I don’t have to use things (booz, weed etc.) because I am what I am and that’s oke! Btw I’m still happily married (to a man) and not a practising gay…but the freedom in my head and my fantasy is good enough for me at this time…so…English is definitely not my own language but I hope you can understand my story. I wanted to share this because for me this the reason that quiting drinking is not that hard as I thought (so far) it would be and I hope that there are other people who have some sort of same experience…I wish I quited earlier, but maybe I wasn’t ready yet…Thanks for reading! :heart:

7 Likes

Cant share your feeling cause i’m very straight :slight_smile: but good for you! I know someone who was also married (to a man), had children, but at a later age chose to be with a woman. Everybody was fine with it. Maybe when we get older we can be ourselves more? Less going with the crowd and choosing our own path? Im almost 40 and getting more comfortable in my skin, not caring about what people think of me as much as I did when I was younger. Same with alcohol, don’t care anymore of others like it or not, i’m not having a drop. Goed weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you Naomi!!! It wasn’t that I knew this about myself and kept it a secret to the world. It was a secret to myself. Problably something to do with a complicated relationship with my mother…but this is not a psychologigal forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:…What’s importend is; I can en will be me, myself and I :grinning:…not look back…just look forward!! And that applies to everyone :grinning:… Jij ook een heerlijk zoning doch fris weekend ;-)!

Good thing you can accept just who you are. And maybe youre bisexual, but who cares right? As long as youre comfortable with who you are, your sexual orrientation doesnt matter. Congrats on your progress and the 13 days :ok_hand:
Ik ga naar de bouwmarkt vandaag. Een van de dingen waar ik tegenwoordig weer voldoende energie voor heb is klussen en mijn huisje weer mooi maken :house::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thankxxx!! En ik ben mijn huis stukje bij beetje weer aan het opruimen en schoonmaken!! Heerlijk…schoon en opgeruimd huisje. Veel plezier jij!!

1 Like