I’ve started my sober life!

I started my sober life yesterday. I’m a binge drinker, I can go weeks without drinking then… bam! I have one glass of procceco and drink 4 bottles.
At the moment I feel awful, all my internal organs are hurting.
When will I start feeling better.

8 Likes

Great time to get busy living.
All the best!

Read lots and get involved here.
:+1:

2 Likes

For me it took a couple of weeks to feel better. And for my sleeping I had to wait a bit longer.
But a hangover isn’t a good feeling as well :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
And every body is different so mayby you feel better earlier. For most of us the first 3 days are the hardest. But if we can go trough them, so can you! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Welcome! Every journey starts somewhere. The early days of a sober journey may be difficult but well worth it. You will start feeling way better but how long that takes varies from person to person. Drink a lot of water and rest. Your body needs time to recuperate. I found taking B12 and a B complex vitamin supplement helped me get feeling better. May you prosper on your sober journey.

1 Like

Hey there, congratulations on starting your sobriety! For me, I spent a long time driving my Ship way off course. It took a while for my body to right it self. Water,good nutritious food, sleep, Epsom salt baths and light stretching were all really helpful in the early days. That was body stuff. What tools are you using to get sober (AA, therapy, SMART recovery, this app, recovery books etc etc)? Sobriety was definitely a full time job for my body, mind and spirit (still is!) so what is helping you stay sober today?

3 Likes

Lots of AF literature, AF documentaries and taking accountability for my thoughts and actions. I’m feeling very positive, tired , but positive.

1 Like