I want to loose weight!

Yes! I need to get back to drinking water. My weight loss had stalled a bit.

1 Like

Awesome. How much walking do you think you’re doing? That was one of my hobbies that went by the wayside through my addiction.

I use pedometer and weight tracking apps to boost daily activities/motivation. One supplement to support weight loss among your healthy habits is CLA i e conjugated linolic acid. No supplement alone will do it, but that, im sure you already know. Keto diet suits me too, but is not for everyone.

1 Like

I walk a lot. I started at 10,000 steps a day. I soon realized that it was easily within my normal walking range so I increased to 12,000 a day. Weight started coming off. Prior to getting the Fitbit, I had been a lump on the couch for a good six months so the walking had a pretty immediate effect. My current minimum is 18,000 steps a day. I live in a city where walking is part of life. Things like getting off the train a few stops early, walking to the park at lunch, or walking after dinner have become daily routines for me. I prioritize getting my steps in and plan on how I will get them all in on days that I have to travel or there is bad weather. But I get it done, every single day. I’ve kept the weight off and am a lot stronger than I was. It feels great.

2 Likes

I’ve lost 45 lbs in 70 days from no beer. Also cut out mnt dew Jan 1st. I find that cutting out most sugar and the motivation that I now have from not drinking is keeping me moving all day strong. Lots getting done and I’m getting my “steps” in even though I dont have a counter. Small regular meals and lots of water. I eat whatever so long as I stay off the pop.

1 Like

I started seeing results at 12,000 steps a day. I am super consistent and do not let a day go by without reaching the minimum I set. My minimum now is 18,000 steps a day. That kind of walking was a lifestyle change for me— and a good one. It requires prioritizing for me to maintain and I have to plan sometimes on how to get the steps in, particularly on busy days. But I get it done every day. I have a different body than when I started: I’m a lot stronger and leaner and also have better balance (physical balance) than I used to. I had to get all new clothes which was cool and I’ve kept the weight off for years now. Even on the worst day, the idea of going out for a walk is not prohibitive, the way I once found running (though I did start running again since all of this). A walk is a walk: low key and easy. I go to all the local parks and know my city better than I ever did. Walking is a good way to clear my head, change my mood and to see what is around me.

1 Like

Eat whole foods, make sure you’re getting plenty of protein and healthy fats and some complex carbs. Walk daily and do some strength training. Just doing planks, squats, lunges, push ups and triceps dips at home will make a huge difference and doesn’t require leaving the house or special equipment.

Being a 47 year old woman fighting against her metabolism I have learned a LOT about how to do what it takes. I did not lose weight until I increased protein, reduced carbs and added strength training.

One of the things I learned to love about strength training is that it doesn’t have to take a long time and if you do a full body workout, 3 times a week is plenty for general fitness. That, plus brisk walking should really do the trick!

I’d also recommend measuring food and tracking calories and macros for a couple of weeks. It’s really easy to underestimate the amount of calories you’re taking in. Once you’ve measured and tracked for a couple of weeks, you’ll have a better, more realistic idea of serving sizes and caloric content.

2 Likes

Thanks! I need to go bak on the keto low carb diet an start walking an exercise, i have to get my mindset together!!! Thank you everyone!!

2 Likes

A very sound, structured plan. Don’t know if you’ve checked this out, but this is where I get a lot if my workout routines. They even have an app for phones.

Www.darebee.com

1 Like

I have been on the Keto ‘lifestyle’ for 10 months and have lost 50 lbs. It is all about carbs/sugar. Yes… calories matter, but it is the type of calories we eat. Another item that helped me is a step counter. I thought I walked a lot during the day only to find out I took less than 5,000 in a day. Now concentrating on getting 10,000 in.

I think it’s all been pretty well covered. Eat right, get moving, and get good amounts of rest.

2 Likes

Water does a body good! :droplet:

1 Like