I want to meet new people, and i want to stop drinking

I’m heavy drinker since i was young, i felt so looney i want to stop drinking

5 Likes

Welcome! I’m Jess. You’ve taken an important step to achieving your goal. I wish I could tell you what exactly it is that initially made me stop & seek help but I’m still trying to figure that out 84 days later. I can tell you that going to a few different types of meetings and talking to some random people I felt like I related to on some level (who have now become friends and/or alys in recovery) was very helpful. Not that anyone there can magically say or do something to fix you but by going multiple times (even if its forced at first) has amazing potential to help you to recover the resources necessary for YOU to be able to overcome any obstacles that may force your hand in being or becoming someone or something you can not respect. I am glad to be part of your journey through recovery. You are not alone

4 Likes

Hey Andrés

Welcome. Take your time, read around on here. Search any questions you may have using the magnifying glass above.
There is a wealth of information here all to help us build up defenses to help battle our addiction.
Hang around on the checking in daily thread. There is a lot to learn from other people there.

Obviously with the world the way it is at the moment external resources are scarce but there is a lot happening on line.
Look up Zoom meeting on here.
Also In the rooms.com I hear there are 24/7 meetings going on that you don’t have to put video or sound on. Just listen to what people are saying. Look for similarities with your story, believe me they are there.
You have the ability to do it. Perhaps you don’t realise it at the moment but it’s there.

6 Likes

@Novelita38 you’ve come to the right place.

1 Like

Hi - i need new friends also. Don’t get me wrong, i love my friends, but they all drink - all the time, it feels like groundhog day. It’s very hard not drinking because i feel like i don’t fit in if i don’t. It seems like I’ve always gotten aims purple who are like this - makes it seem like it’s normal. I know there’s a whole society out there that don’t drink all the time, but it’s hard to find where i am. Both of my dominate communities are heavy drinking, but it doesn’t work for me anymore. Not my body, not my mind, my Morale, my health, my motivation. It’s hard to know what to do to change. I will keep trying, but i don’t want to lose my friends too

3 Likes

Hey Beachy keep reaching out, when covid finally goes you can start to live your new life properly. Start doing new things and making new friends.

2 Likes