I was in a drug house

I ended up in a bad environment with my former roomate in rehab and sober living. I had no idea what I was about to experience. We picked up some groceries. I knew when he had picked me up he had been drinking. We went back to his new apartment and low and behold his roomates were balls to the wall. Me being sober 5 months roughly felt very disturbed in the encounter. They were popping pills. Smoking and rolling the weed. Cracking open Bud Lights and pouring vodka over OJ.
Thankfully I had a resource I could call. A brother in the program who picked me up immediately. I am now back at home and in a safe environment. I am very happy I can trust my sober brothers in the community.
A positive solution in times of a negative experience. I have way too much to lose.

Thanks for letting me share!

My name is Zachary and I’m an addict…

27 Likes

Our networks are a physical manifestation of a higher power. Your brother had your back and that’s sacred.

2 Likes

Nice job Zachary
What amazing support you have
Congratulations on 5 months

Congrats on getting out of the situation safely.
When you’re not actively involved in it all it just looks like one big train wreck you don’t want to be near.

Glad your network could step in when needed.

3 Likes

Good for you four getting the hell out of there. You’ve come so far and you should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Excellent. Way to hold the line, keep to the path. Keep getting better at getting better each and every day. Better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow better still.

3 Likes

And thankfully you called. I’ve met my fair share of people, gave out my number to my fair share, seen my fair share come back to the rooms on yet another day one.

You valued your sobriety over getting loaded.

That’s fucking awesome, keep doing the damn thing bud.

4 Likes