I was never enough

For a very long time actually most of my life I never thought I was enough.

I was never enough to find love.
I was never enough to have a family.
I never felt I fitted in or conformed to society so I was never enough to make friendships.
I was never good enough at education
I was useless to a partner what could I offer.

I held onto all these ill feelings because no one told me i was good enough…
You’ll never get that job you don’t have what it takes!
You can’t be with anyone who will want you…

Over the course of therapy, reading and shattering the identity I had built there is something now that I do value myself.

I value my life enough to do things that scare the fuck out of me…
I challenge my disabilities to be nothing more than I’m not useless I’m just different.
I might not see life the way most people do… I may not be able to articulate the feelings that get so juggled in my head I get confussed on what the expression of anger is and how to express sadness…

But i sure as hell know.
I’m good enough to walk, breath and live this life I have been given… I believed I deserved to die, I was ready to accept my reality was over…

Don’t ever give up, don’t think your not worth it.
Even when you feel you have no fight left you do i promise and there is always a hand or a voice to tell you why it doesn’t matter that we are addicts we still deserve life!

42 Likes

Great post Danni, I’m so glad you’re here with us and allow us to be part of your sobriety.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing these thoughts and your experience with such honesty. It’s a message I needed to hear today :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

You have always been awesome in my eyes! :+1::facepunch::blush:

1 Like

I can relate, Danni. It’s a constant fight to remind ourselves we do deserve what we have and what we want. That we are, in fact, worthy. Thanks for reminding me today. :heart:

2 Likes

Fantastic post
Thankyou

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this Danni! It was somehow exactly what I needed to read today. I love the idea of breaking free from our negative identities!! Going to do more research on this. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great post, Danni! I think most of us can relate. It took a long time to realize we are worthy.

1 Like

Another reason why I love and adore you so much my beautiful Danni! Not only are you courageous in handling everything head on, you are an inspiration to so many! So many feel just like you but suffer in silence. You give people hope and a light in a very dark place. The world is a better place because of you :heart:

3 Likes

I couldn’t have stated better than @Ravikamor
You make us all braver. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Beautifull said, thank you!! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

You’ve got this
Proud of you

Brilliantly said. And it really strikes a chord with me - too afraid to go after what I really want. Thanks for your post- you are enough!!!

1 Like

Thank you for your experience strength and hope, I to battle my thoughts which usually bring me to bad feelings. I recently applied for a job and started a 3 day training and numerous test and obviously I failed. I than realized I was so focused on my self talk. So I asked to try again. This time I fought this way of thinking and focused on the task at hand . Training for a new job, sure I was nervous and scared but I pushed through it. I got the job and best of all I now realize that I can change my way of thinking which brings good feelings. Thank you for your share and congrats to you.