I was wrong for so long. im sry

I relasped off weed. I cant keep saying im going to quit and then I use it. its sneeky and and even kind of mean to others. im so sorry I lied for so long. I lye to myself; I lye to my family; I lye to my friends; I lye to AA; I lye to you guys; I lied about me staying sober because I never consistently did what I said ill do.

I try very hard but I always pick up that joint. I am so sorry

im going to keep myself from posting because I need to read more. I hate it but I relasped. im so sorry

5 Likes

It’s a sign of maturity to recognise that you’ve done something inappropriate (i.e. lying to yourself, mostly), but not the end of the world.
I’m sure that many of us (certainly including myself) have done that too.
I lied to myself for a long time about my alcohol problem…
Be that as it may, time to acknowledge the reality of the matter, try to stop looking at things through black-coloured glasses, and just move forward.
One day at a time… and I suggest that you look at the books written by Allen Carr on Amazon. They certainly aren’t expensive, yet I found them (one in particular) to be very helpful.
Check in here regularly, too… even if you don’t post (though you’re certainly welcome to do so), read up on what others have to say.
It helps.
I’m glad that you’re here.

4 Likes

Start by being honest with yourself, then expand out from there. Keep posting and stay with us. We know how hard it is… you always got a friend here.

5 Likes

You are your own worst critic, and what you are feeling is normal. I, too, lied about how bad I was; it wasn’t until I admitted to somebody else how bad it was until I started to gain strength over the addiction (rather than what had felt the other way around). I got more active in my church, talked with my bishop, and began working a 12 step program through my church. The more I was honest with my self, plus the more I resisted the addiction, the easier it gets. Hang in there, reach out for support, and be continue to find what works for you. You have got this! :smiley:

3 Likes

I committed that error time ago.
Don’t be hard to yourself. Your words, your thoughts your opinions are important. It is not a matter to be sober it is a matter of being connected and not being alone

3 Likes

Good start by being honest with yourself. Stay with us. It’s a great place to talk honestly. Nobody will judge you and there is so much support on here. Dust up yourself and move forward. You can do it :+1::pray::muscle:

2 Likes

I relate to what you are saying a lot, I feel the same, but we are both here and posting which is a huge step forwards from hiding away. The people who love you will understand and you are trying to do something that is difficult and it is okay to find it hard and to not always succeed. Keep trying <3

2 Likes