I will keep trying

I never used to drink. I went years and years. I didn’t start drinking till I was 32 years old. I had a beer one night with friends. Now 3 years later and I’m drinking every day. I used to wait till 5, then it became 12. Now I try to justify having a drink at 10am. I am a functioning alcoholic. I get everything done, cleaning, cooking, helping kids with homework, but it is all while drunk. I don’t pass out, but I can drink a 12 pack or more in a day. I want to stop. I want to be a better wife and mother.

So again I will try.

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing. We will be here to help you with whatever questions or concerns you may have throughout your sobriety :smiley: You CAN do this

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Your in the right place for non-judgemental support. Read around the forms. You’ll see a lot of people with the same struggles. Be patient with yourself, you didn’t start abusing alcohol overnight, and more than likely you can’t fix it overnight.

Post anytime you need to vent, have questions, or just want to provide motivation or support. Good luck on your journey!

1 Like

Welcome @Florida81! You will find a lot of supportive people here. Keep checking in.

Thank you. It’s hard a lot of the time. I don’t have anyone to talk to about my problems. My husband wants to leave because of my drinking.
I will take it one day at a time.

Try, try, and try again! Never give up hope! Our journeys are all different for a reason! This is part of yours. Embrace what has happened and step forward into a fresh start! You can do it :blush:

1 Like

Welcome @Florida81 Thank you for sharing your story. That really is a strong reminder of how alcohol can increase its grip on a person.

I was very similar to you in the end, I too would drink at any’o’clock and have been known to get through 12+ cans in a day.
I wouldn’t pass out but the following day there would be a lot of black spots in the memory.

The first week or two after I stopped drinking were consumed with thoughts of ‘just one more’…but stay strong, and stay busy, it does ease off, and the voice in your mind will start to quiet down.

You can totally do this. And we are all here to help you through!! :purple_heart:

3 Likes