I Won't drink Alcohol today because

Day 14 today, because I have more today to give than 14 days ago!

3 Likes

I hear talk of the ā€œweak-willedā€ alcoholic, but I am one of the strongest-willed people on earth! I now know that my incredible strength of will is not enough to save my life. My problem is not one of ā€œweakness,ā€ but rather of direction. When I, without falsely diminishing myself, accept my honest limitations and turn to Godā€™s guidance, my worst faults become my greatest assets. My strong will, rightly directed, keeps me working until the promises of the program become my daily reality. The first 164 pages of the big book will give you a guide to living a life well-lived clean and sober along with going to meetings getting a sponsor and working a 12-step program.

2 Likes

Actions speak louder than pages in a book, and others life experiences. Thankyou

Iā€™m enjoying a life unwasted.

3 Likes

Because my kids deserve to have a sober mother.

3 Likes

Because Iā€™m back.

4 Likes

I always had to be high to do anything. Both my kids had never seen me sober, until last week! Been a long time coming!

1 Like

Because I have fought a life or death battle to get where I am, clawed my way through hell and back, and I wonā€™t let that be in vain. I wonā€™t make it through again.

3 Likes

Because today Iā€™m learning to love myself and submitting my will from alcohol to a 90/90

3 Likes

Because I love myself.

2 Likes

Keep spreading that lā¤ve!

Welcome back!

1 Like

I love this, @Willow! Hoping you had a great weekend and are continuing to feel strong.

I will not drink today because I have have to take my boys to school tomorrow and drive to work :slight_smile:

Because I canā€™t get anything done or even started while drinking. And Iā€™ve been through enough chaos in my life for three people.

Because I do not want to have black out, because I want to be the serious person I was, because I want to respect my family, because I want to do what I really I have to do and I am good in that, because I do not need it, because I enjoy some kind of sport even I am not and athlete, because it is embarrassing throw home rubbish full of bottles, because it is awful come to the shop and being known as the man who buy strong alcohol, because it is awful being in a meeting medium crying for the alcohol, because I do not want to write Messages about what do not what supposed to be, because I do not want to stay full day at bed doing nothing, because it is not necessary to hide bottles in no known places, because you do not have to stand up with waiters knowing what you are, because you have to respect yourself, and still on.