Ice cream instead

Sitting here fighting off getting a drink. So instead. Small
Dish coffee ice cream. I’ll work it off in the morning on my sunrise walk. Whatever works. Gotta make
It to
Day 2

17 Likes

I found that “healthier” brand ice cream stuff and I’ve been eating a lot of that. It’s pretty good and has less calories and fat if you’re worried about that type of thing.

2 Likes

Heck yes, ice cream. Whatever works.

I found like you, I wanted sweets but I also had more energy/interest in exercise sober. In the end it all turned out okay, but happier and sober-er!

4 Likes

A much better choice! I am also a fan of icecream over alcohol. I think I will have some as well when I get home from work. Keeping it simple with just vanilla probably.

3 Likes

Well as an owner of an ice cream :icecream: shop of course it’s ok! :joy: :wink: but in all seriousness I definitely eat more sweets now but its nothing compared to the damage I was doing with alcohol. I do want to cut back though… it’s best I think to take on one thing at a time. :blush:

6 Likes

Also, a vote for coffee ice cream. I don’t know why, but it really hits the spot. @Dragonflygirl82 you own an ice cream shop? What town? I’ll drive down and get a couple of pints. How cool! (Pun intended.)

1 Like

Always ice cream! treat yourself when you can! When i hit my one year I spent 70 bucks on an ice cream bash for my family with the works! Keep up the good work, you CAN do this! Continued luck on your journey.

I’m in Gloucester :blush: we are in the final stages of opening. It’s been a fun adventure so far. Eventually we want to make our own ice cream it’s much more profitable :yum:

3 Likes

Wait…how did I not know you owned an ice cream shop?!

1 Like

I don’t talk a ton of my personal life on here. I’ve mentioned a couple times about the businesses or working on the shop. But yes it’s all so new as we are just in the final stages of opening… it’s been a nightmare with Covid and regulations and licensing but we are getting there. :blush:

4 Likes

My former assistant and her husband have deep Magnolia and Gloucester ties. I bet you know them.

2 Likes

Coffee icecream is my favorite. Great choice!

3 Likes

Oh I’m sure! We kinda all know each other around here. Usually a cousin of a cousin or friend lol :joy:

1 Like

Becky, that’s a win… Congratulations on day 1. :heart:

1 Like

IIIIICCCEEEEEE CCCRRREEEAAAAMMM!!! YOM YOM YOM :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yum::grin: Do whatever it takes to not drink!!

1 Like

mmm coffee ice cream is sounding seriously good right now. i have a pumpkin pie ice cream that i haven’t opened yet in the freezer. might go grab a small bowl to eat in bed :slight_smile:

2 Likes