Ideal hands are the devils play?!

I am 5 days dry which doesn’t sound like much to some I know but if I wasn’t in work or asleep I had a drink in me hand so it’s a huge achievement for me and I am very focused on why I’m doing this BUT I am finding it hard my friends are off enjoying beer gardens in the and because I’m still in the very early stages I don’t want to push myself to soon to quick to join them I don’t know what do with myself, I’ve been for a walk/jog already any suggestions guys??

3 Likes

Thank you @Oliverjava your comment means so much :heart: I’ve read books coloured etc but on a beautiful day like this I don’t want to sit in my flat on my own I want the sun on my skin without having sit watching everyone else drink!

1 Like

I wish I could do those things @Oliverjava I’m from a little town in Manchester there isn’t much of anything other than pubs and unfortunately I don’t drive it’s really difficult to get out and about further a field so everyone in the village just goes to pub on sunny days… :persevere: but I won’t let a sunny day spoil my progress I’d hate myself after it I’m 2 days away from finishing my community detox then I’m off the medication I’m lucky I was able to do it in my home and not a clinic so I don’t wana let my support worker down either :heart:

Took your advice and still managed get out the house @Oliverjava went for a random run and found this beautiful place I never wana leave :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Nat, I know how you’re feeling, when it’s sunny my friends like to sit outside and drink. Luckily I can join them and avoid the temptation, but it gets boring and I tend not to hang around too long.

Try suggesting to some friends that might be open to the idea that you do something different, picnics, bbqs, meeting for iced coffee at Starbucks, any friends with dogs you take them for a walk, try looking for local outdoor activity clubs, they usually don’t involve too much drink, any village fetes in your area? I bet there’s something going on try googling events in your local area.

Great you’re making the effort and it’ll so be worth it, I know what it’s like here in the UK, everything seems to revolve around drink, even all the TV soaps revolve around local pubs, but there’s a hidden sober underworld (not the one in corrie) and it’s much more fun and hangovers don’t exist.

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Jogging or walking are good ways to fill in time outdoors. Headphones on and your favourite chill-out music help.

I started out in January so wanting to be in the sunshine wasn’t a problem :blush: so I dug out or borrowed box sets of shows…watched all of the Sopranos…good luck with the rehab. It IS worth It!