Ideas on ways to pass time?

Less than 7hrs hours away from getting to 3 days Sober. It’s unreal how many hours are in a day when sober!!! My anxiety get the better of me. Im struggling to keep busy

• cleaned up around house
    *already went for a walk
    *went to the store
    *talked to a friend
    *talked to a neighbor
  • played a board game with the kids.

Any ideas super appreciated

6 Likes

Well done , i went to meetings met new sober friends got phone numbers that kept me busy, had days out with new friends met for coffee and went tenpin bowling wish you well

3 Likes

A read, spend time on here, cook, go to meetings, journal, nap…by the looks of my waist line I mostly cook and nap…lol

3 Likes

My first week sober, I felt like the time crawled by lol I spent some days taking a nap, other days reading for pleasure and reading recovery material. I also watched movies, Ted talks, played video games, watched shows, etc. I volunteered just so I could meet different people and get my hands in the dirt (it was a cooperative garden project).
There are many things to do when not spending your time using :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Up cycling, arts and crafts for you and the kids, photo collage, I like reorganising rooms, baking and volunteering

1 Like

Just found Ted Talks, Thanks this will keep me busy for a few hours​:+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

Let me know if you find any good ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Rearranged our Bedroom!!

2 Likes

I just baked an apple pie from scratch :joy:

6 Likes

I was gonna say bake something. I made a flapjack with honey and raisin yesterday.

1 Like

Exercise.
Eat Tater Tots.
Read a good book, while eating tater tots.
Listen to a good podcast, while exercising.
Then eat tater tots.

Or, take a nap. Naps are hugs that we give to ourselves.

10 Likes

Man…now I’m going to have to go to the store for tater tots :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I was just going to say take a nap lol.

1 Like

15 minutes until I have a big ol mess of tater-tottery goodness.

4 Likes

If I could figure out a way to eat tater tots while napping I will have reached Nirvana.

3 Likes

Sooo many hours in a day…I’m 2days sober now, tomorrow will be a tricky day for me as Sunday drinking for 10years or more…any ideas??? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Popcorn Chicken then most likely a nap

2 Likes

I like you.

2 Likes

I like my airfryer. def be grabbing some tots from store next time. usually do F2F and Onion rings and of course tons on wings

1 Like

I do frozen gioza and dumplings from the Asian market, and frozen Okra.

1 Like