If I can do this! So can you!

Good morning!! Fricken day 17!!! 17! I really don’t know how I’m doing this!! My husband is a horrible drunk. Still drinks from morning till night. I didn’t know when we married how bad his drinking was until I found myself joining in. We’ve only been married 2 1/2 years and it’s horrible in this house. My kid moved in with his father and neither of my kids or family won’t have anything to do with him. By the grace of God, I’m doing this. My husband is absolutely out of his mind! He is a mean drunk. Not physically, just emotionally. Everyone wants me to leave but I’m not there yet. I pray every day that he sees my sobriety and can join…but he pisses me off and I just want to numb it. But I don’t. I can’t. I am doing this for me! So day 17 it is… one hour at a time. Thank you for my long rant. I just needed to vent

14 Likes

Good for you for putting your recovery first . I understand how hard it must me for u if your hubby is a drunk. No one can tell you what to do where your marriage is concerned but it speaks volumes that your child has moved out . Only you can decide what is best for you … there’s a saying if you sit in the barber shop long enough sooner or later your get your hair cut its the same if we’re around other drinkers or drug users x

2 Likes

IWNDWYT!!! the out pour of support is keeping me strong. I dont want to drink! I use my toolbox every single day!!! I meta woman who is 3 years sober with an alcoholic husband! It’s possible. And it’s that hope I hold onto

3 Likes

My husband drinking is also bad binging !! When i have tried in the past to stop and spoke about it yes understanding them when hes binging come on ur boring wothout a drink tells me half of time i need stop yet when i do complains ! Im realising I can do whats right for me this time i havent spoken to anybody about it just getting on with support from this app !

2 Likes

Good for You and welcome!!!

1 Like

I am so glad you are focusing on yourself and your sobriety. Good job on your 17 days!!! I know it is mightily hard when our spouse still drinks, especially if he is out of control and mean. That sounds really hard and frustrating. We are here for you. :heart:

1 Like

Good job staying sober! I don’t think I could live in that toxic situation, it must be exhausting. Think of what’s best for YOU. If it means taking a break from him then do it. I guess you’d know soon enough if it’s what’s good for you.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::hugs:

2 Likes