If I smoke weed am I still clean or no?

I really don’t know what do yall think

U just opened my eyes it only matters what I think thank you so much I needed a eye opener

3 Likes

Even though my DOC is alcohol, I wouldn’t consider myself clean if I occasionally or regularly used Marijuana for recreational purposes, nor would my employers Urine Analysis consider me clean, so in a way, it does matter what others think :wink:

9 Likes

Ok I see i get it

Hey @Tristan315981,
I gave up alcohol over a year ago but was okay smoking pot sometimes. It became just another slippery slope for me though. Stressed from work? Smoke it off. Anxious? Smoke it off.

This January I ended up smoking about 6 days a week. So sure, I gave up alcohol but just traded it in for a new substance habit. I actually just found this app to help me celebrate staying ‘weed sober’ too.

I know I’m not answering your original question, I just wanted to point out that any substance can be challenging if you know you struggle already with alcohol.

14 Likes

Your recovery is about you. Period. The most important thing is that you’re honest with yourself “Can I consume weed without it consuming me?” “Is weed making me exhibit behaviors similar to my DOC?” And double check “how honest am I being?”
I chose to abstain from all drugs including weed because that’s what’s best for me. I noticed dependency and habits in my Marijuana use that matched my habits with other substances so I stopped using it. But again this is about you.
Whatever you decide is best for you is what’s best for you, and what’s best for you now may change throughout your recovery. If you’re worried about the word “clean” and it’s meaning you can even be more specific saying “im clean from _____”. Even if not everyone considers it clean/sober its still harm reduction and its a powerful change to make in your life.
Some people will fight you on it but their opinion is none of your business. If you are going to continue smoking weed one suggestion I would make is refrain from attending complete abstinence based programs as some people can have some very strong opinions on what the right way to be clean is. There are support programs out there that focus on abstinence from specific substances or just harm reduction in general.
Im going to be a broken record here and say it again, your recovery is about you, for you, the most important thing is that you remain honest with yourself and make changes when you see red flags and patterns arise.

10 Likes

You know it took me a while to understand the word Drugs… Because though i felt i had no issue with alcohol it is a drug that is legal and so is weed in some country’s and states… However the question i would ask is are you an addict, because the obession can so easily be transferred… You may think youve been able to contol your drinking but cross addiction become a massive thing.
Pain killer morphine based, any street drug except herion were all a big addiction for me thinking i had control over one of the drugs only made another addictions rise its big head.

I could easily make reasons that are acceptable for why i could smoke weed but i refuse the addict in me to have any part in my life… Anixety disorder, tourettes, adhd, autism and OCD disorder all things my therapist and doctors have said i should use weed for but i cant allow that little gremlin(addiction) to come out and play.

This is your journey… I was once told can you walk away from that 1 drink/substance use… I replied no even if it was once a day… I needed it in my system.

6 Likes

No.
Full sentence.

11 Likes

No. Clean is no drugs no alcohol

4 Likes

Damn! :star_struck::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

Mate I would say No. Addiction will lead to another addiction and yes weed can get way out of hand quickly. I’ve spent years swapping 1 addiction for another my Gambling was the last to go. But weed will lead to another addiction and will probably end up not being enough for you quicker than you would think. Clean means Clean buddy

3 Likes

Clean? No.

But is 100% clean your goal? You get to decide what your goal is.

1 Like

That simple.

If you’re asking me, nope, it’s not clean.

3 Likes

Hi Tristan, I am in the same spot you are. I quit alcohol 11 days ago and pills a week ago. I still consume marijuana. Alcohol was my drug of choice and the one thing that was absolutely ruining my life. I do plan on being " clean and sober" one day very soon, but for now, getting sober from alcohol is my #1 goal. I am also very mindful of my weed intake because I don’t want to switch one bad habit for another.

3 Likes

if its bothering you then stop it but if it’s not then wait for the day it does. I only found out I had a problem the day I tried to quit, up until that point I was quite happy.

That’s a lie bc towards the end I was absolutely miserable that’s when I wanted to stop but couldn’t.

1 Like

I think that any mind altering substance that a person chooses to ingest to escspe reality or use as a coping method or to use instead of their desired DOC if they need it or crave it to subside their true DOC is just switching one for the other because it seems harmless but in the long run will turn into an addiction in itself ,coffee tea,energy drinks ,cigarettes anything you use on a daily ritualistic basis is in my opinion but if you feel like your ataining your goals than why does it matter what others think in the end it’s your recovery your journey if your happy with yourself then your in the right mindset it’s your life your story write it as YOU ARE. Not how others want you to be

2 Likes

If you are using it as medication then no in my opinion. But then again people abuse prescriptions also. It’s all about you and your journey. You have to make that decision. No one can really tell you the answer but you. Evaluate yourself honestly. God Bless my friend and keep your journey real!

1 Like

Do you remember when you were on probation and how well you were doing? I’m guessing you couldn’t smoke weed then. Everything was better when you were completely sober. You may not think so but go back and read your posts. You’re saying weed helps you but the evidence really points to the contrary.

No, and remember even when you don’t use anymore you can still be an addict who sows addictive behavior.

Ill put it this way. I am about to be 26, have been smoking weed since 13, my addiction issues are with alcohol and Im doing good when its Alcohol I cut, never judged myself or was bothered with my weed usage. It didn’t interfere with anything in my life poorly and actually self medicinally helped me. However, one day in 2019, new into my relationship at that time, my girlfriend asked me, “What does sobriety mean to you?” As in whats the definition in my opinion. I immediately thought, free of all substances. …thats where it hit me. Im still smoking pot and hella overdoing it on caffeine missing my long behind me coke days… im still abusing substances. I am not actually sober. This drains my pocket, and I dont really know what a fully clear non foggy head is unless I’m free of it all. I didnt even know i was in a daze at all times until i felt the clarity of true sobriety(to me). Just remember, its not about others opinions though. Its yours. Dont beat yourself up if you like it and stay clear of Alcohol. If alcohol is your true main addiction, let that be your worry, not beating yourself up and something that doesn’t negatively affect you the same. But if its what you feel you “have to” turn to so you can feel something or quite opposite, then id look into healthy coping mechanisms rathater than escapism in another lesser-than substance. Love yourself and take care of yourself the way your heart and mind tell you is truly best for you. I wish you the best :grinning: