I'm a mom now! And I'm ready to kick drinking for good!

I’ve attempted sobriety a handful of times. The longest I’ve gone was 5 months. However, I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl only almost 3 months ago and recently decided how important it is that I nip this in the bud once and for all.

I haven’t necessarily been “struggling” in the sense of getting hammered or anything, but I do find myself having at least one or two beers almost every day. And that in itself is just recipe for distaster.

I want to be the best version of myself because my little one deserves it. I can’t be that if I’m constantly drinking, so… Here we go again. Feels good to be back! I have missed this community :butterfly::two_hearts:

EDIT: I should probably clarify that I was sober my entire pregnancy. So, I guess I’ve gone 9 months, really. Lol

21 Likes

It’s always a good time to get sober and embrace freedom from alcohol. Great decision and congrats on that baby!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, and your in a good place for support while you are quitting and for long term sobriety.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s a love like no other :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Now is a good time to get onto a sobriety program so your baby never sees you drunk or hangover. I also stayed sober for pregnancy and breastfeeding, and thought I had it under control, and slid back into where I was before and worse.

2 Likes

This is what I’m most afraid of and you’re absolutely right. I didn’t have any great role models growing up and it’s so so so important to me that I am that for her!!

Congratulations on your new baby!! What a wonderful gift to give yourself and your little one. Definitely a decision to be proud of!!

1 Like

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I totally agree. That’s probably going to be my biggest struggle, is not having a drink at social gatherings. But that’s why kombucha is great! Lol

Best of luck ,take one day at a time

1 Like

Thank you :muscle: