I'm BACK & I'm BETTER!

Hello EVERYONE.
I’m back & I PROMISE yall I’m better!
I did what I told yall I’d do. I went into rehab , went thru detox, got accepted into Residential for 30 days. I just recently got out 3/25/2020. I’m now at an Oxford Sober living house.
If I can be honest with yall, it’s the most greatest choice I ever made!! I promise. I’m truly blessed to have gone thru what I went thru, it’s what I needed & wanted. I was wanting help & I went and got it. I’m glad to be back & out SOBER. I PROMISED myself this is The last time!! I’m looking forward to the future. Better opportunities. Better chances. I swear. I’m super excited & I’m glad I was able to experience this. I met people, that became family. People I didnt know, but grew to know!! I’m happy as can be. I PROMISE. I did what I had and wanted to do. For myself. It’s time to look forward to a better beginning and to never look back!!
Please , I promise I’ll keep each and everyone updated on this NEW JOURNEY!

51 Likes

Congratulations Jolynn! Hard work pays out isn’t it! Keep it up girl! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Damn girl, strong work! Way to get after it!

1 Like

Congratulations!! Great to see you doing so well :smiley::green_heart: keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I fucking love this story. Just what I needed to read today. The gratefulness is infectious in the best kind of way.

I couldn’t be more grateful for all the ugly shit that happened when I got sober, it was the catalyst for a new way of living… a catalyst for a happy life.

Keep doing the damn thing, we making it.

9 Likes

So happy for you!! I am glad you are working so hard to be a healthier, happier you!!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Really well done!! X

1 Like

That is absolutely amazing. Makes me happy that you’ve chosen to do sober living right after rehab. You increase your chances of success a lot with that decision.
Having done rehab, many times…I have experienced myself and witnessed many people who I went to rehab with relapse cause they got out of rehab and thought that they were ok and good once they completed their rehab…Not at all how it works though. Now is the time to do the work. Now is the time to do what it takes to be sober. Now is the time to reach out to sober community, to share your experience, strength and hope and listen carefully what others have done who have already been where you are today.
From what I read in your post, I can see that you are taking this seriously. That is very impressive. I hope that you keep posting and reading and sharing…One day at a time.

5 Likes

Thank you! Keep on going. Of course nothing is easy, but if you want it. It will be!

1 Like

That’s so awesome, welcome back!

Congratulations!! This is awesome.

Love your story. Keep up the good work. Sounds like your riding a spiritual experience ( pink cloud ) that’s awesome!

1 Like

We seek what we are looking for, I’ve found this to be so true.

I came where I came from, but it doesn’t tell me where I have to be or go today, today is mine.

1 Like

Nice! Keep crushin it.

And that’s how we do it! :partying_face: Hell yes, @LynnnP.

Glad you’re there and back again, and all the best on this awesome sober journey! :v:

1 Like

I whole heartedly agree about being happy for all the ugly shit in my detox and early recovery. Not only was it a catalyst, it still remained my biggest fucking deterrent. I DO NOT have it in me to go through that again. And let’s not even get started on the shitshow that was my last year of using. Nope! Don’t have it.

2 Likes

Yay! I’m so happy your back and doing well. I remember you posting how bad you wanted to get into rehab. You’re in a great place and good things will come to you. Stay strong and keep working your program.

1 Like

Proud of you!:call_me_hand:

1 Like

That’s amazing welcome to the rest of your life new journey here you come.:rose::rose::rose::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Awesome. Your enthusiasm is contagious. Reading this makes ME have those feelings. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes