I'm back starting today. I hope some friends our still here

Hi everyone, I know I disappeared in February after the news of my dog. Winnie shortly passes in my arms a few weeks later and I’ve been a mess since. I decided today after almost killing myself accidentally this week that I need to be here with friends again. It’s good to say I’m back.

23 Likes

Welcome back Jordan.
I’m glad you are still alive. I pray you can find the strength and peace in recovery this time around. It really is great to have you back.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Welcome back. I would like for you to know that I’m going through losing the dog i love the most right now, he’s dying but that part isn’t what i want you to know… the part i want you to know is that i haven’t thought about using because of it, this disease doesn’t hang on forever it won’t always call so strongly, you can stay sober. Best wishes.

10 Likes

Oh gosh, I am glad you are still alive.
I can really relate to a major decline in mental health after losing a dog. I was suicidal after losing my rottie. A lot of people say “losing a pet is like losing a family member.” But it’s not its more than that… its 100% the same as losing a child. It was for me anyways.

Very glad you are back with us.
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

11 Likes

Thank you guys yea it was very hard but I am getting help and getting past it and looking to get a new best friend soon.

7 Likes

Glad you made it back. You are absolutely right to come here for support and your life is worth it. I lost my baby boy in January and I know how hard that is. Stay with us Jordan!

3 Likes

Welcome back, Jordan. You’re here with old and new friends. :blush: I lost one of my dogs a year ago, and I still walk in the house, waiting for her to welcome me home. I had her for almost 15 years. It was debilitating for a while, like losing a child, so I totally get it. I’m sorry for your pain, but I’m happy you’re here and getting a new best fur-friend soon. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you not sure if we met before but I appreciate your kind words

2 Likes

I’m Carolyn, it’s good to meet you. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey Jordan, glad you’re back. I’m sorry it’s because of such rough times but glad you’re here nonetheless.

I’m so sorry to hear about your dog, unfortunately I can relate to your pain. We’re all here for you!

3 Likes

Glad you’re back buddy!

3 Likes

Welcome back! It’s good to see you again. Sorry for the loss of your doggie. We get so attached, I feel your pain. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome back! When my cat of 13 years died and on my birthday weekend 2 years ago, I was so upset. She looked in so much pain. I cried for days and felt to blame for her pain. I was not aiming for sobriety then but I’m sure I would have struggled to make it through.
We are all happy you are back on here trying again…never give up even after the long breaks. Your spirit is wanting this! :butterfly::butterfly:

2 Likes

Hi bud, I too lost my best friend about 5 weeks ago. He was such a big part of my sobriety and I miss him everyday so I feel your pain. It’s really tough but you have to learn to sit with those feelings and then let them go…it doesn’t get easier, the pain just dulls. Reach out if you need anything. Glad you’re back around here

4 Likes