Im getting scared

You got me a little teary there Starlight!! :people_hugging::heart: Hope you get some good rest. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

@Starlight14 Kelly - I am so sorry that you are struggling today. :people_hugging: You may have plateaued but that will not last so do push through these urges with all the tools you have gathered. We are all here for you but you also need to be here for you. Show up strong and kick some ass. This disease thinks that once we become comfortable with being sober that it can just creep it’s way back into our lives and destroy everything we’ve built - HELL NO!
Vent here now and as often as you need to. Get out and get some fresh air, do brisk walking (i find this is so therapeutic as the faster I go the lighter I feel and all the while I’m soaking in the nature around me and taking deep breathes which honestly I feel like i’m walking on a cloud half the time). Get your high’s from life!
Do let your family members know when you are having a bad day. You are human and im sure they know something about having a bad day. They might not relate to addiction in the same way but we all have our go to things things / places when we are stressed or depressed or… They will understand and might even be able to help. Do not keep it inside and don’t let the fear of letting people down eat you up that can be just as damaging.
I do know that living in the present moment - living with a clear mind - living with a healing body — NOTHING can be better. I have an addictive personality and even though some things might not have been my DOC I know I can’t turn to them now for a quick release from reality because it will only lead to a downward spiral. We need to work on us. Love ourselves. Heal our physical and emotional wounds and find joy in and around ourselves. We have to know and keep reminding ourselves that nothing will come from any fix/ high / whatever!
Girl you are strong and doing a kick ass job at this sobriety thing. I am so proud of you. Glad you came here to vent - hope it helped … keep coming back! We are all here for you.

3 Likes

Thanks so much dear friend @JazzyS im so lucky yo have such great friends on here to turn to, i have friends and family but they dont fully understand like you guys. Ive woken up for work, read your message and feel alot more positive today, thank you so much :heart: :blush:

2 Likes

Oh love im so happy to hear that today is a fresh new positive start for you.
I am in the same position- noone around me will fully grasp what im going through or understand the intense emotions. That’s why this community is so important for us all. We here are all going through the same shit different day. I no longer feel alone in my struggles and i do hope you are getting that same sensation.
Have a wonderful sober day and do reach out especially when the addict voice starts getting loud.
Much love my friend :heart:

2 Likes

Dear @Starlight14 Kelly!
Just an evening hello and hug from me and the cats :people_hugging::smirk_cat::smirk_cat::smirk_cat:

1 Like

Oh dearest @erntedank how thoughtful thank you! Love and hugs right back at you from me, my 6 year old daughter Sofia and Reggie our dog :people_hugging: :heart::heart:

1 Like

Absolutely massive thank you to everyone who helped me out yesterday i feel so much better…if in doubt talk it out is my new motto, love you all :heart:

2 Likes

Love the new motto!! And I agree, I always feel better after talking it out.

2 Likes

Talked my worries out on here got great advice and support then ive had 2 relapse dreams afterward that actually were very welcome in reminding me why im staying sober, so glad i found this place, i love you all. Thank you, im feeling good :blush::heart:

2 Likes

I’m EXTREMELY NEW to sobriety, and if it helps, you’ve inspired me, through you’re reaching out, and in particular, “list of happy”… I’m currently making my own…I believe it will be my key…

2 Likes

It absolutely helps that ive inspired you, thats what this site is all about…we are all in it together friend, theres something about writing things in a list…what makes you grateful and happy sounds like something obvious but it does take thought to write it down and often by writing it things will come up that you forgot about…i try to incorporate as much as i can from my happy list into each day, glad your here with us :blush:

2 Likes