I'm going to need some help on this one

STEP TWO: “We came to be aware that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.”

What were your experiences with step two?

2 Likes

Do you believe that the other people in the rooms have gotten, and stayed, sober? Do you believe that they believe in their higher power? If you can honestly answer yes to both questions you are ready for step 3.

Or read chapter 5 of the big book and talk it over with your sponsor.

1 Like

all I know is I was never able to help myself but something possessed me and gave me thoughts and strength that I had never had before, I liked it and I trust it. That’s my Higher Power and it now shows itself to me on a daily basis. Who am I to question it.

2 Likes

I never thought about it that way before. It really touched home when you talked about how it is a selfish act and that when self isnt the highest priority it gets easier; I needed to hear that. I was raised for the most part Christian, but due to my past and life stuff I just struggled so much. But, I know I want to make God my priority, I just have doubts and am not sure how you just accept that some higher power can restore you. I’m guessing it’s just blind faith? No I’m just doing this solo. I’m a bit prideful and ashamed to be willing to have someone to help; I don’t want to be a burden.

2 Likes

I mean yeah. But then again I’m better at believing in others more than myself. I’ve recently got the book. I haven’t cracked it open yet, but I will tonight. Thank you!

2 Likes

Believing in others is a great start. It shows that the faith is there. Get a sponsor and get in to the book and that faith will be transferred to you

4 Likes

God is amazing! I came here fragile, weak minded and vulnerable to my addiction people here are amazing man actually @Dolse71 reached out to me early with encouraging words, Salute to you…I must admit each day is getting better for me, I’m on day 75 it’s still tough some days but with Gods grace and good people to confide in with no judgement is priceless, I haven’t jumped into the steps just something came over me where I don’t want to be intoxicated, I want to feel everything. Also something that’s helping is I treat my Sobriety like a new born baby, you have to be kind, patient and nuture yourself! Take pride and be proud of the strength to decide to be naturally high on life.

3 Likes

A lot of people came to believe in something bigger than themselves, something that they can’t explain that helped them in moments that they couldn’t help themselves. Something that gave them hope to carry on. Some people looked at the program of AA or NA as their higher power. Some, their sponsor. Some, the birth of their child. Some the memory they first had as a child they still cling onto that is beautiful that noone could destroy or take away(example- holding your baby blanket when you were scared at night,that comfort in that baby blanket) some, believe Jesus Christ can love us, or living in the way of Buddhism. There are many ways.

1 Like

I’m new and only have today sober I haven’t found a sponsor yet but I know I need one because I have been trying and failing quitting drinking I have really few friends in my life to lean on but thank you for posting I’m encouraged by reading it

1 Like