Im going to try harder this time

My love with alcohol started when I was very young, my mother allowed me to drink a wine cooler nye 1999. And has followed me into my 30’s. Which also fed into a cocaine addiction as well; I’ve lost countless jobs/pushed loved ones away/ stole / lied / was taking advantage of multiple times by men who could not care less.moved multiple states… the abuse I’ve put myself through is terrifying to look back on and how blind I was. And how simple it is fall back into.

I haven’t told anyone this ever I’ve just kept it in and sometimes hinted towards it when drunk.

Im planning on telling a therapist this this week and im kind of using this platform as a warm up as my feelings are deep but it’s hard for me to talk about.

This isn’t my first time in recovery or on this site but I feel like I haven’t given it my all so here goes nothing.

16 Likes

Trying harder is a good idea. Telling your therapist is a good idea. Opening up and facing up to your pains and shames is a very good idea. This is how it’s done. This kinda work over a long time is what gets and keeps ppl sober.

Adding to that I would suggest recovery content and immersion in the community here as much as you can.
My fav podcasts early on was the Recovery Elevator.

Resources for our recovery

Good luck!

9 Likes

Maybe change your profile name into doing it :wink:
Sorry…just had to say it :hugs:
I do not want to make fun of you, I know how hard it is to quit and stay that way.
And yes, it’s a mindset. So that’s why I noticed your profile name. By trying it you keep a space left for failure.
Good of you to give it you’re all this time, you need that for sure. Be here much! I’m here each day and sober for years.
I wish you the same.

5 Likes

Are you ready to stop drinking and using today? What can you do to get to the end of today sober? Here’s some threads that might help.

5 Likes