I'm new and I need clean friends

Okay, I am new to this whole posting my feelings on stuff so please bear with me. I have been dealing with my heroin addiction for almost 12 years now. And up until December last year I had almost two years clean and then I had a bulging disc in my neck and the pain of that ended up being the straw that broke the camel’s back and I relapsed. Well for the past couple weeks now I’ve been trying to get clean but I kept relapsing, but I’ve decided today is the day. I have a Suboxone I plan on taking to help get me through the withdrawals and then after that, that’s it no more taking anything. I don’t really have anybody I can talk to about all of this though. Nobody that I trust this type of information with anyways. I would go to an NA or AA meeting but there are none close to where I live, closest one to me is 30 min away and I can’t afford right now the gas it would take to get there and back. So my plan is to use this to try and help build a support group I guess. I’m not too sure on what else to do because I live alone and I only know a couple people here in town (I just moved here about 2 years ago and I’m super shy with social anxiety issues lol so meeting new people is a challenge for me). I do want to look into getting myself into therapy once I get a job, and I will eventually go to meetings. I guess what I’m saying/ asking is… I need support right now… Maybe this is the wrong format for this but I’m not sure on what else I can do. Hope to hear from y’all…:grin::grin:

3 Likes

Just dont take suboxone past 2 weeks. Highest dose should only be 4mg… I used one 8mg sub thru 10 days. I knew if i bought more i wasnt gonna stop. Even the smallest piece helps. High doses will just prolong withdrawl. I did a drastic taper coming off a huge iv heroin habit. Goodluck man! I hope to see u put it down for good. Withdrawl was hell and im glad it was. a great reminder why not to…

1 Like

Hi! It’s gonna be hard but you can do it! I’m on day 11 off off opiates so pretty similar wds I think. You just gotta get through it one minute one hour one day at a time. Be a stubborn bitch about not giving in to craving. Think of all the money you’ll have when you’re not using! Feel free to check in often that’s what the forums here are for! Be the hero of your own story! You got this shit!

3 Likes

I can’t relate to the heroin but I can relate to not knowing people in a big town. Not well enough to tell them something like that.

I went to an AA meeting and it was okay. Nice to see some people in person but sober apps are better for me.

@Wild_Wolf Welcome! You definitely came to the right place to get support. I am also very shy with social anxiety, etc. If you ever need to talk you can message me. I totally get the “friends” thing. All of my friends I never see because all they ever do is party and I’m just not into that anymore. I want to get clean and live a happy life. I wish you all the best!:blush:

1 Like

Hey @Wild_Wolf, just offering some warmth by way of welcome and checking in to see how you’re getting on. Some good advice :point_up_2:t2:here already, you can totally do this - don’t give up, don’t give in and you WILL get to the other side.

1 Like

@Wild_Wolf

Welcome :v:. Have a look around! Someone on this is always available with sound advice. It has a great support community with plenty of wisdom. Wishing you well. It’s a beautiful ride :butterfly:

2 Likes

Maybe try and see if there is someone who lives close you can get a lift . here in Scotland we would phone the central office explain the travelling situation and they would arrange for someone to 12 step
in my early sobriety i used to walk and run to meets kept me fit wish you well

4 Likes

Welcome here! Lots of beautiful and wise and experienced people here to help! :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

I need more friends also noy using