I'm new here. What's your experience from this community?

Thanks for all replies!
I’ve got 6 months clean and sober and have attended NA meetings regularly since day one. NA is the main reason why I’ve managed to stay clean. But lately my life demands a bit more of me and my time and I feel like I don’t get to go as often as I would like.

From the stuff I’ve read here so far it feels like this forum can help with staying focused and venting if you either need or just feel like sharing something.

12 Likes

Best thing I’ve ever downloaded on my phone. Ever. Has really helped my sobriety journey. Tons of good info. Lots of encouragement when you need it. There are a few people who can be contrary at times. But like any family I just ignore the ones who bring me down. :joy::joy: Take what you need from here and leave the rest. I don’t get to as many AA meetings as I’d like because of my work schedule so this has been a life saver!

2 Likes

Welcome!! Been here just shy of 3 years and it has helped me immensely. I highly recommend reading all of these threads to get a feel…

Frequently Asked Questions

8 Likes

Its a great place and like any community of strangers will have its share of drama. I recommend learning the “mute thread” and “ignore person” buttons. I find them helpful to keep me focused on threads that I like, and stop me from arguing with people. Hope you enjoy it here. Good luck and God bless.

4 Likes

I would say that one of my favorite threads is the “Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus” thread. I check in daily and am always encouraged there. Search for it and anything else using the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen.

4 Likes

Ditto I enjoy that one the most.

I’ll check it out! Thanks!

Congratulations on the 6 months @bikethief

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Congrats on 6 months and welcome to this awesome community. I do AA too but this app helps when i can’t get to a meeting or feel the need to vent. Also, no judgment at all which allows me to talk about things in my life that i wouldn’t share with those close to me. Be sure to check in daily. Here’s the link Checking in daily to help maintain focus #6

3 Likes

It has. Just knowing that there are other ppl who get it helps. Advice, asking for support is sometimes hard to do face to face, but is easier for me here. Seeing what works, knowing that what I’m experiencing is normal. It all helps. That said, I would not rely on this as my only sober tool. I also read, go to meetings, meditate, do active behavior modification etc. This is a tool that helps to keep me sober, so I use it.

3 Likes

I have received incredible advice and support from this site. I was sometimes stubborn and resistant to any advice but eventually I was able to try a few things due to the loving support. This site is the reason why I’m now 13 months sober.

Welcome to the community!!

8 Likes

This forum and the people on it have helped save my life. Literally and figuratively.

I spent my first days sober glued to this place, reading their experience. Doing as they suggested, taking what worked for them and leaving the rest. Working through things one day at a time and sharing their laughter, strength and wisdom. For sure my old thinking didn’t work.

Before that I was a swirling pool of negativity. Caught up in a feedback loop of drinking.

Now life looks very different. In what I learned here also discovering a whole new community of others in my own backyard who helped show me how to live differently, think differently.

So I think it’s pretty rad. And I keep coming back.

6 Likes

This community saved me! I tried to quit drinking many times on my own but I just couldn’t make it happen. I stumbled upon this community and learned what it meant to be in recovery. I am 469 days sober and never felt better!

I’ve even met several members of this community! It’s been the best thing for me.

But like with anything in life, you get out what you put in.

5 Likes

Life saver
source-11

6 Likes

bitmoji-20200104075414

3 Likes

Tis rather impressive :+1::blush:

2 Likes

Good App i just come on see if i can advice anyone who is having a bad day , my saying is Meetings make it easier but im opened minded and what ever keeps you sober thats fine , just had my 34th sober xmas and new year wish you all well

10 Likes

This app helped save my life…and led me to some of the dearest friends I have ever had. I came ooking for advice on how to make it through a day without alcohol, and I found that. I also found stories of people actually living sober lives…and I wanted what they had. Over 20 months later, I still check in every day for the a countability, the community, and the chance that I might share some of the experience, strength, and hope that was so freely given to me.

Glad you are here!

4 Likes

Desire to stop and put in the effort ,i was luck there wasnt any internet to distract me or celebs on pods or u tube so just meetings and its kept me going all these years had to change me and my mind set . became away of life the compulsion left me just got on with life

3 Likes