I'm new. I feel horrible

I do the Netflix or hulu thing which seems to be a pretty common distraction on here. The thing is, I have so much on my plate I actually have more than enough to keep me busy my problem is that if I start drinking I dont get any of it done and I feel horrible. I end up being completely unproductive and I hate that.

3 Likes

Good to know. Thank you

1 Like

What is this? Where do I find it?

I believe it’s this website: https://www.intherooms.com/

1 Like

Yea I Google it and found it, thanks!!

That site is kind of strange. Not sure how to even work it. I thought it was online meetings you could join at specific times. Am I wrong?

I check in here daily. I also keep a check in journal where I write why I want to stop and how I feel every day. When I get tempted I re-read why I want to stop drinking. It’s a new thing for me after my last relapse but reading how hopeless I felt on day 1 reminds me why I keep sober one hour at a time. Good luck. You aren’t alone in this.

We have all fallen short at one time or another. Be thankful for lessons learned and opportunities for new beginnings. If you’re open AA has been a blessing in my life because of the people I have been able to meet

1 Like

I’m not really familiar with it. There appear to be apps made for it which may be easier to navigate. It’s also possible you need to create an account. I imagine someone else can answer this better.

Signed up to check it out as it’s come up a few times. (I guess folks can find @Eke there now too if they like, though TS is home.)

Yeah, they have rolling video meetings for various recovery groups. A couple just ended, next is AA in about an hour. And, yeah… the site’s pretty busy & cluttered. Spoken as I browse on a laptop, even.

1 Like

Oh ok wow. Yea I’m just going to stick with this app and go back to AA and actually work the steps with a sponsor.

2 Likes

:+1:

To be fair to anyone exploring, I also don’t mean to knock it. For those who can’t make IRL meetings or want another option, it’s pretty neat. Busy as it is, there’s some interesting stuff/features there.

2 Likes

I do. I want it so badly.

1 Like

Hey @Deny, just checking in to see how you are doing.

1 Like

It’s great to read your check in. Was wondering about you yesterday.

Oh, I know this feel. It’s amazing how much I let slide in favor of what I thought was a comfortable place. Still got a long way to go myself, but it feels so much better having the legs to get going again with a clear head.

Keep coming back, @Deny!

Dear @Deny I am so happy to hear from you. Very well done on your first day - this is a big step :clap:t2:. For some, Day 1 isn’t difficult and I am so glad you found it manageable. For me it was brutal and I thought that day would never end :joy:. You should be proud of yourself. It’s a big deal! Remember just to think of it one day at a time. Any more and it can feel overwhelming. My story sounds like yours. I would drink two bottles a day every day and felt utterly wretched doing it and would wake up full of shame and self loathing. Still - I repeated it day after day, week after well, month after month, year after year until I racked up two decades. You can do this. Each day we can change how our futures develop and each day, the decision is ours. Take care and stay strong. We can only do our best.

1 Like