I'm new, I want to change!

Hello everyone
I’m glad I came across this group I have wanted to join a secret group for a while now, thankfully we can find almost everything with a smartphone now a days so here I am. This is my first step to making a change. Until right now I have had to have a drink everyday. I use to love fitness and health and then things changed into having a couple drinks everyday to relieve stress, numb emotions, get through anxiety & feel a buzz. Everyday I think about that drink come evening time. I gave up fitness and gave up on myself and gained 50-60 pounds. I am really disappointed in myself and I want to be better. I use to be a fitness inspiration to many people including my daughter but I have lost myself. I miss inspiring people, I miss being fit and healthy, I miss making my daughter proud. Tonight noticed strechmarks on my arms developing from the weight gain. :cry: I look forward to being a team and getting to know you all.
Thanks for reading/listening

13 Likes

Welcome @Val. You can get back to that happy and healthy place with sobriety

I may seem impossible, but just make small changes daily and you will start feeling better and looking better. I’m on day 61 and lost about 7 lbs. already (without much effort). You found an excellent forum for advice, @Val! Focus on yourself and stay strong!

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on wanting to better yourself

1 Like

@Val welcome the hardest part of your recovery was asking for help and admitting you have a problem. This is a great place to help you get sober their is always someone on this forum. Remember your not alone in this journey.

4 Likes

Welcome to the group! I feel like i was reading from my own diary from a few months ago. It was so hard to give up drinking at first because I felt so bad about how I let myself get, so far from the marathon runner I used to be. Drinking made those feelings go away really quickly each night but dug me farther into my hole.

You can do this and your body will remember how fit it used to be. You’ll be back at it in no time! I’m halfway back to my fighting weight after about 10 weeks.

1 Like

Welcome- you’re in a great place! Keep coming back

So happy you are choosing a better life! Rededicated myself to the gym almost 4 months ago when i got sober. BE that inspiration again,you CAN do it!

2 Likes

Welxome! Be strong this weekend! We got this!

1 Like