I'm NEW on here how is everyone doing

Hello, EVERYONE my name is Kathelene I’m a recovering addict of over 25 years .I’m just going to tell everyone a little about my story .Well I’m 37 years old I have 2 beautiful daughters age 12 and 16 I have full custody of both of them Thank God for that.I was an extremely heavy user for years and the day I got introduced to the opiate game was the day I had a geadake at 16 years old.My father was on pain meds for the several surgeries he had and I told my dad I had a migraine so he hands me this half of a yellow pill at the time was a vikoden 10 so me being the kid I was rook it bc I knew nothing about it I trusted my parents ya know well I got it took it and the results that I got I would have never in my life though would turn me into a full blown addict in 28 years .So I got the warm feeling it was amazing and I instantly loved the feeling so let’s just say after that I had alot more headakes and was asking him for them quite frequently so as the years start to come I took them on rare occasions party’s ect…it wasn’t an everyday thing but when I was about 18 I started to hang out with my friends and this is when the pill game was exploding so they could get them with a snap of the fingers so I begin using them daily and partying on top of them at the bars work where ever I went I wanted to be high it was the time of my life so I though I knew nothing about withdrawals or any of that shit yet well at 21 I got pregnant with my dest daughter stopped taking them it wasn’t a big deal I guess the excitement and the joy of having a baby just blocked any of the pill things so I didn’t do a single thing while I was pregnant didn’t even drink coffee or pop lol yeah I was quit the stickler so I go into labor ended up having a c-section and yelp u guessed it a script of 90 perc where sent home with me and I was tired from the new baby so I found myself Taking more of them to have a better day I was a stay at home mommy now and I was working full time doubles before this so yeah a big change well I continued to take them hard-core for another 5 years by this time I was realizing that I was withdrawing when I didn’t have them and bam baby number 2 is on the way she was a giant surprise bc I only wanted one so now I’m at the point where I have a pill addiction and I’m pregnant with my second daughter so I took the test it was positive I instantly stopped taking them and then it hit me I was on the couch for 6 months dealing with depression withdrawals and morning sickness at this point idec what happened my sister was taking care of my oldest she is 5 now so yeah around 7 months I started to feel better and had gotten my depression under wraps and began to enjoy life again .So now it’s labor time and I was constantly thinking about this day the whole pregnancy bc I knew I had to get another c-section and that evolved pain pills a part of me was looking forward to it and part was scared bc I loved them all to much so I got the c-section and yes they gave me percs and from that moment on it was over I got my tubes tied so nothing could stop me from taking them now it was game on I started hustling and selling them I was making so much money and gettin mine for free and I never ran out for literally like 7 years straight then my addiction kicked in harder the pills were going up and I had no job just the hustle of Flippin them so I decided to try some feynol one of my friends had and I fell in love there are parts of my life that I don’t even remember bc I was way to high I had several overdoses at this point I was doing any and every drug I could get my hands on math Crack cocaine shoots it didn’t matter what it was I was down to try it my life was completely outta Control and during g these years I was in a relationship where my fiance worked and I stayed at home with the kids he took very good care of us and made really good money but I was spending it as fast as he was making it we argued we fought I was stealing from him living to him selling our stuff it was outrageous and he continued to love me and he though by getting me the pills he was helping me until he realized I had a major problem he found out I was doing way more than pills and it broke his heart we continued to stay together and I love him to death to this day so around this time last year I had overdosed well over 25 times it was so bad the ambulance drivers were coming to my house and trying to talk me I to rehab I wasn’t having it I wanted nothing to do with rehab so I got pulled over and caught an f3 ended up going to jail for 5 months and then they made me do a rehab for 5 months as well I was 2 hours away from my home it was a great program but I wasn’t ready at all I had reservations to get high the whole entire time I was gone for a year I still had in my head when I get outta hear I’m getting messed up and so I got out and I did excally that 3 days outta 1 year rehab and jail sentence I OD woke up in the hospital by myself I was out of it for 3 days had a breathing machine on me I was freaking out I had aspirated while I OD and I legit almost died that time for real it was really than the others ones but that wasn’t enough to stop me I got out of the hospital and went ham started back at it again my life was a mess I was broke my kids hated me and my relationship with any and everyone was in shambles I was ALONE and it was very dark and I didn’t care if I evenived anymore at this point if someone said the found dope and Od on it I wanted that I was looking for a cop out an easy way outta the horriable life I have created let me sat this threw my whole addiction God had my back and I would notice him working and showing me things but I refused to grasp it each and everytime my 31 year old brother committed suicide my father died from dri king. And drugs so my family has a horriable addiction history so this went on for a few more years and I was legit at my bottom 10 times over I was tired of being sick tired of hurting my family my love and my kids I really just wanted to disappear well this went on and one day I legit woke up and legit walked outta my house in a Hoodia sweatpants and saddles called my mother and told her I’m ready to get help she instantly came and got me I went to her house I called port 45 recovery that same day and they had me to xome in the next day mean time I to my mother mom I’m getting high today but ima be sick asf the next and even sicker after that so I went and got high that day and I did excally what I said went to the recovery center they threw me into straight withdrawals and I went home to thug it out I was so sick like I don’t even know how to explain it to yall it was horrifying I woke up on day 2 and told my mother I wasn’t going back to that place I didn’t fell good she said honey u have to go get dressed so I just rolled off her couch went in the same clothes I left my house in and sat there they sent me home bc I was so sick this went on for 4 days they gave me suboxone to take so that Saturday I woke up puking and I’m thinking is this shit ever gonna end and I puked one last time woke up Monday morning ate something after legit starving for almost 2 weeks and took a shower for the first time in God knows how long went into group my hair was done and my makeup for the first time in years I sat in group and I fell in love with the people the consoler everyone they all welcomed me with open arms and they didn’t judge me or even think bad of me and they now know everything about me things I have never told anyone before and I was ready it was my time I was sick and tired of being sick and tired as the weeks went on with me in recovery I was seeing a brighter future for me I was happy things were looking up and I now wake up every day since the day I started there and go I haven’t missed a day since while I was there I started taking care of my business stuff I hadn’t done in years I got me a job got my kids birth certificates took them to the doctor everything was slowly falling I I place and now I’m sitting here 92 days so er and I’m loving life again my days r busy I group till 1 then I go to work come home enjoy my girls and then I go to sleep my relationship with my kids is stronger than it’s ever been my mother and me get along so well now every single gle relationship that was broken is now coming together I’m loving life and everything it has to offer me now my advice to any one is you have to want it for it to work I’m living proof of that I walked into that place on my own and I knew what I wanted and I fought for it and I am here today clean and sober 92 days and I wouldn’t have it another way and now I’m actually looking forward to what’s to come in my future u could have asked me this a year ago and I wouldn’t have had anything to say but God end it he has always had big plans for me I was just to lost to see it now I stand with my eyes wide open and I embrace any and everything that comes my way I’m stronger healthier and life is AWSOME sorry I wrote so much but it’s way longer than this I just summed it up for yall so you can know a little about me thank yall for reading and I’m looking g for a sponsor and some so er friends fill free to add me

7 Likes

Welcome Kathelene and congrats on 92 days! So glad you’re here. Thank you for sharing your story. Happy to hear you’re mending those relationships, especially with your kids. That’s fantastic!

I’m recovering from opioids, cocaine and alcohol so I can relate to the horrific withdrawals. I couldn’t leave my daughter or career so I managed to go to outpatient detox for 10 days, followed by IOP for 12 weeks and then onto AA meetings. That was 880 days ago but I keep it fresh in my mind to avoid relapse. I never want to feel that bad again. I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story, Kathelene. You’ve been through so much, and I’m glad to see things are getting better in your life. Getting clean and staying clean will do that. :wink: I’m happy for your girls, grateful for your mom, and so glad you’re here. Warm welcome to the community. :yellow_heart::blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much and I’m just as excited as you are to join you in this journey and congratulations on your 880 days that’s awesome…fill free to chat with me anytime I’m looking for new sober friends I can take on my adventure with me …

2 Likes

I’m new at this so I think I posted your reply to the other person’s I will soon get the hang of it lol

1 Like

Welcome ! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story, welcome!

2 Likes

This is a big achievement, proud of you!

2 Likes

Yall are welcome trust me there is an extremely alot more stuff to my story but it would take days to write it all down I just summed it up for ya

1 Like

Congratulations to you! You are an inspiration and show that you can come up from the deep depths of addiction. Lots of support here for you as you continue to go forward in your sobriety of your DOC! Welcome!

1 Like

Good to see you here, glad you found us, and that your working on your recovery. Congratulations on 92days,:+1: keep up the good work.:slightly_smiling_face: thanks for sharing

1 Like

Welcome! Thanks you posted your story :pray:
You may want to check out the welcome thread.
Welcome to the forum! 2022

1 Like

Welcome to TS @Jolie1126! :wave:

1 Like