I'm New To This 98

My name is Summer. May 1st I’ll be a year clean from methamphetamine after being addicted for 7 years. It took me a long time away from my family and away from myself. I have a 4 year old son who I let my mom raise while I was out getting high then one day I got pregnant again with a beautiful little girl… My daughter changed my life. I was 9 weeks pregnant when I decided I didnt want another child brought into this world without its mom, so I got clean, got my son back and now have a 4 month old beautiful baby girl. Just want yall to know a little bit about me. I’m 21 years old. And I’m a working mother of 2. Also hope all of you are out here being safe from this coronavirus. :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

12 Likes

Welcome! And Congrats on your positive changes :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Welcome Summer. Congrats on a year. That’s an awesome accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. No one can take the place of Mom and I’m so happy you got that 2nd chance.

This forum has helped me tremendously and I hope you have the same experience. Come back often and interact. I look forward to following the next chapter of your life. Stay safe and well. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome Summer!! What a wonderful gift to yourself and your children. And what a blessing your Mom was able to help as well. Very happy for you!!

Summer_Coltenn, welcome to the group! :grin: there are a whole bunch of great, supportive people here from all over the world. So, there is always someone here to talk to.

Congratulations on 11 months clean and sober. That is a huge milestone. Sometimes when people are coming up on a milestone like one year they start craving. It’s just your addictive brain acting up. Push that thought away and stay with the program. Keep your children in the front of your mind at all times. I don’t know where you are but if you are in lockdown because of Covid-19 try to do stuff with the kiddies in the house to keep your mind distracted and it will entertain your babies. Look on line. There is tons of stuff to do with them. Just make sure to check back here for support.

1 Like