Im one week into this

Ive been drinking heavily since I was 19 and am 27 now. Im almost one week sober and i didnt realize till now how much I need a drink in my hand. Its scary realizing how much I rely on drinking and im scared I might not be able to shake the addiction. Im excited to be on this app though and excited to start heading in the right direction hopefully.

15 Likes

Reading a daily meditation had helped me. I downloaded “eye opener” in the app store. Good luck to you

3 Likes

You can shake it. It takes work, faith, and stubbornness to always say “no” to the urges.

Get active here, read as much from here as you can daily…

4 Likes

It starts off pretty scary. But i promise you that fear will turn to pride. Welcome to the community. Were glad youre here!

1 Like

Getting sober includes a lot of changes.
That’s scary I now!
But the good part is that all those changes are not coming at one day.
It’s a process. And if I look back at mine it includes years.
Quiting alcohol physical was the “easy” part for me. Bad sleap, irritation, night sweats, anxiaty, being restless, cravings, etc. But the mental part stays for a long time.
Being prepared for that helps! How? By making some kind of a plan and reading a lot of your addiction and the stages of it.
I would like to suggest this thread:
What's YOUR plan? It gives you some information about what I’m trying to say here.
I’m almost 6 years sober now. Still I’m changing and growing in my recovery. It’s a huge part of who I am. And it may sound strange, but in a way I’m proud of being an alcoholic. Not about the drinking and being stupid. But how I handled it and took steps to change and keep changing.
It gave me a lot. My life changes from flat and surviving into an colourful exploring one.
I wish you the same!
Go get it!

3 Likes

Welcome @G37 glad you found this awesome sober community.

Its crazy all the revelations and insight you’ll gain in sobriety if you work it. When i say that i suggest finding recovery and not just “white knuckling” sobriety. Learn about addiction. Learn about yourself. Learn new coping strategies.

I was able to do all this One day at a time and i know a peace i havent known for so very long.

Theres hope!

3 Likes

@G37 How are you doing today?

Thank you! Ill try that

1 Like

Im doing good! I made it to my 2 weeks mark! Mentally its been really difficult but i am getting thru it

2 Likes

Congratulations on your two weeks! :partying_face::muscle:

1 Like

Congrats on 2 weeks

1 Like