Im really new to this

My name is Jay.
Im new to this as i have become sober as of lastnight ,
Inhave been drinking for quit some time… tooo long , obky drank hard liquor ( straight) wasnt the best choice ive made , but i decided it was time to quit beause it was affectimg my health
Its going to be a tought road and a hard push up hillì from here but im sure its going to smooth out one day

14 Likes

It does smooth out. My life has improved 1000 percent.

Welcome!
your probably not going to feel very good physically for the next few days. Drink alot of water. eat good if you can. sleep. I started feeling better on day 3 or 4. your body and mind will probably tell you a drink will make you feel better, but its a lie. It just prolongs the agony of being addicted to alcohol.

visit here frequently.

5 Likes

Read a lot, post a lot, join in anywhere and everywhere it will be helpful for you. Everyone will help you find your way. Congratulations on wanting to quit drinking. Welcome.

1 Like

Hi Jay welcome!
This app and the suportive people in it has helped me a lot in my becoming sober and stay that way. More then 2,5 year sober so it can be done. You can do so as well.
What has helped me a lot was being here every day to read about my addiction and learn about it. It helped me how to quit and moving forward.
See you around :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Hey :slight_smile: I’m a newbie too… best of luck and best advice I’ve been given is to take one day at a time and celebrate each success. I’m starting day three… x

8 Likes

It is so good to see you are positive that you will reach your goal. Glad you are here and hope I can be of some encouragement. I am still fresh off the hard stuff and I am just doing one day at a time. It is hard but I remind myself daily that I am giving up nothing giving up alcohol and gain my life again by doing so. You can do it!

2 Likes

I second what Jason said! My quality of life is so much better now than when I was still drinking.

Welcome to talking sober!

2 Likes

Welcome Jay, I totally get what your talking about. I had 35 years of complete stupidity. Almost died. 49 days sober now. Yes it is a fight but so completely worth it. We can get through it together. Great people here to help out wherever you need it. No judgment. Hang in there.

3 Likes

Hi. I am new also. Day 4 for me. It looks like a really supportive group of people on here. I’ve tried one other app before but it didnt have this kind of support network.

4 Likes

Congrats J-bird! It can be comforting to know that you’re not alone and what you’re about to go through mentally and likely physically is completely normal. You just have to stay the course a d get through it! Everyone is different with their withdrawals but reading about them is something you should definitely do. Typically days 3-10 can get pretty interesting. As an example, for me it was my first 20 days and they were all awful! I had to finally seek out some help to get through it all. Don’t let your pride get in the way of getting the help you need. Hopefully it’s smooth sailing for ya! I’m now at day 101 and I remind myself each and every day about my early recovery days so I never forget. Better days are ahead dude. Sky is the limit! Good luck :sunglasses:

4 Likes