New title: Checking in here when I need to vent or need advice

@Kakimime1,

It really amazes me how you managed to stay sober from cutting for this long. And it wasn’t easy. You’ve had the urges, but didn’t give in. Don’t know how you did it, but I commend you.

Please share what you feel has helped you get to this point.

Thank you for sharing your experience, strength, weakness, and hope. You’re an inspiration to us all.

Thank you!:blush:
Honestly, I went to a hospital and they helped a ton. I didn’t only learn about the skills, but they had us practice them, which helped a ton.

Now, most of what helps me is remembering that my feelings are temporary but ok to feel. Like I’ll tell myself, “Ok, I’ll be fine in a few hours, but it’s ok that I’m sad right now.”

Thank you!

5 Likes

@Tino
@siand
Thanks!!:blush:

I’ve visited three colleges this week and I have one more tomorrow. It’s been both fun and really tiring. I’m tired rn so I’m not writing much.

1 Like

Oh wow that’s very exciting! How’s it been going, what did you think of them?

Im wish you gain strength and the abilitY to show who youre reallY.

Yea it really sucks . Im also bi but thats not the point everyones okay with it so dont worry about that.
its just horrible I lived with serious drug addiction for more than two years. While my peers were having fun, having relationshipS, leading lives where they learn how life works, I was taking pills just to not withdraw, spent all my time and money on drugs, sometimes awake for 4 days. I also wish Ill live a normal life but I know exactly how:
Healthy food, exercise, staying sober, meditation/art/etc, and being in love with myself

The first one was eh. It was small and unimpressive. The other three were pretty good though. They we’re all more rural than other ones I’ve seen, which is a slight drawback, but other than that they were all pretty cool. I liked UConn, but like the whole forst year is gen Ed, which I don’t like. So yeah.

1 Like

I’m working on that😊.

It does stink. But at least I’m doing way better now. Oof wow. That’s crazy. At least you’re staying sober now though, which is awesome.
Yep, I’m working on those lol. I’m almost a year since I’ve cut and it’s not a huge problem normally, so that’s good and I can kinda use my energy on those other things like exercising or being healthier.

1 Like

Thats great! One of the best advice Ive heard was on this app: not fighting the old but building the new. Im doing it Im building myself a new life

1 Like

That’s so accurate. I was on a college tour and the guide said something amazing. Everyone wants to figure out who they are. But what you should really do is figure out who you want to be and then work to become that person. And honestly yes. I really need to try and have that type of view.
So yeah.

3 Likes

Whenever people say they want to be alone I always feel horrible. Like I did something wrong. I feel bad. I feel bad and like It’s my fault. Ah well. I’m aware it’s usually not. It’s just hard to remember.

3 Likes

Oh well lots to think about! When do you have to decide?

And agreed it can be hard to hear that someone wants to be alone, especially when you don’t want to be alone! And even when you know it’s probably not because of you.

People say this all the time especially when we get older. The older you get the more you learn to focus on you more. So I would not feel anything by it. It is not you. It usually when someone has done enough emotional heavy lifting and needs a little time to sort their space out. Normally they will avoid you more if you invade that space.

Not for a while. I’m still a junior, so I have to figure out where to apply.

Exactly. It stinks. I was really sad. But I still knew it wasn’t about me, but it didn’t help much cause my brain still freaked out lol.

Yeah, I know. See, I’m normally aware it’s probably not about me, but it still doesn’t stop that freakout in my head.

Yeah. I tried not to bug him. I accidentally did though cause I was screenshotting our chats to troubleshoot Snapchat and he asked why, so that kinda stopped the alone time.

I hate ants so much!!! There’s ants in our house and I hate it. Ughhhh

Ok well good to have options!

How are you feeling today? Apart from the ants :laughing:

Yeah. Options are good.

My friend and I haven’t talked in like 3 and a half days. So I’m pretty sad. It’s hard. And I’m feeling lonely.

Hey @Kakimime1,
Made you a unicorn

4 Likes

Awww. Oh my God I love it!!!
You made that?

1 Like