New title: Checking in here when I need to vent or need advice

Yes I did. If you look closely, it’s got your name written on the back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s so cool! How did you learn to do that?
I saw that!!! Honestly, that brightened my day, thank you😊.

1 Like

So I’ve been having a lot of issues with self image. Then at the same time as hating my body I eat way too much and idk what to do. I used to not eat unless I had to, and now I can’t stop. I don’t get it. I’m just so fat and I hate it. I’m not really ugly. I’m just mad fat to the point where it’s unhealthy. And I’ve been hating myself cause of it. It’s just really hard.

1 Like

I don’t know what the answer to this is… But I can certainly relate to being unhappy with my behaviours but then going on and doing it anyway 🤦 In fact I reckon everyone on this forum can! I know it doesn’t change how you’re feeling, but it’s not just you.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Learning healthy behaviours takes time and practice. Focus on what you can do and build it up from there :heart:

Have you heard back from your friend yet?

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Food issues are so common. Not unusual at all for us addicts giving up our main coping strategy to replace it with another. I’ve put on unhealthy weight due to eating too much junk food. During my years of acting out, I would simply forget to eat all day.

As for the balloon twisting, I do this professionally in restaurants as side work. This is my second year. And I love it!

1 Like

Oh yeah! Somehow I never thought of it in that way. Huh.

I’m trying but it’s mad stressful, plus, I worry that I’m still having too much bad, fatty foods and my blood test will be bad and idk. Ughhh.

And yeah. We talked some yesterday. It was really nice. We haven’t talked since, but I’m feeling a bit better about it. I also told him about how I didn’t like how he just kinda disappeared and stuff. And he understands, so that’s nice.

1 Like

Huh, yeah. Interesting. Same. I’ve put on like 50 lbs. It’s really gross. And I work out every day now, but it’s not doing much. It’s so annoying. I still forget to eat sometimes. Just if I get really into something and don’t stop for the day lol.

Oh cool! That sounds like fun! Also, do adults buy them, or mostly kids?

Adults love the balloons just as much as the kids. Some just have a problem admitting it.:slight_smile:

Cool!!! I do and I’m barely an adult lol. But on here it’s cool cause I get to be myself here lol.

1 Like

This is going to be long. You can ignore it if you want.

My old friend accidentally called me. And I used to be a jerk to him. I complained to him all the time and stuff. Then I stopped talking to him and waited to see if he even tried to reach out. He didn’t and so I tried to come to terms with the fact that I lost a friend. But I still feel bad about how I treated him. I was always the one making plans and stuff, but I still wasn’t a good friend. And he accidentally called me and it brought up all these memories and I feel really bad. And I actually think he’s a great person, but I was a jerk and I also was the one who had to make plans and stuff. So I feel like neither of us was great to each other. But I still feel so bad and embarrassed.

And alone. I really feel alone. Like I’m losing my friend all over again. Plus, the one person in my group therapy who’s been there since I started. So I’m just feeling a lot of loss right now. And idk. I don’t have any friends in my new school. It’s really hard for me.

Also just feeling totally worthless. Like I don’t matter at all and I don’t deserve to have friends.

Did you speak to him when he called?

I know it’s not the same doing something on your own, but can you find something you enjoy doing and do that, just for today? Some music, or some art maybe. Let us know what you decide to do :blush:

Also, good for you for talking to your friend about how you feel about him disappearing in a way that helps him understand!

I picked up and said hello? And the he said hello. Then I was like, “what’s up?.. Hello?..” And I was about to hang up and he hung up. Then texted me he clicked the wrong contact.

I have school today, so I can’t really do much. I’mma be listening to music though lol.

Yeah. I don’t think it’ll change anything, but at least now he knows. So yeah.

I was right. It didn’t change anything. Ah well. I guess I really am alone. Whatever.

I hope you know that you really aren’t alone. At minimum, you have friends here on TS.

High school is rough. When I was at my 10 year high school reunion, I talked with lots of old classmates that shared similar stories of feeling left out and alone. Turned out that we had a lot of commonality in that area. My 30 year reunion is a coming up in August. I’m old.

Things will probably get better. College was different. So many people, you’re bound to make some more friends.

2 Likes

What’s going on with him that means he wants to be alone?

Have you got anything good to look forward to this weekend? How is your little doggo doing?

1 Like

Yeah. I know. I just sometimes feel really alone.

Yeah. Plus I switched schools and I don’t know anyone there. In my grade at least. Haha lol. You ain’t old. My mom’s having her like 30th or something college reunion lol.

Yeah. I’m psyched for college. Just have to get in first (so do better in school).

1 Like

He didn’t tell me. He didn’t want to talk about it.

I hung out with my friend last night and she slept over. And my dad, sister, and I went into Boston and had fun. Also, my pupper is the best! I love him so freaking much!!! He’s the most amazing little buddy ever!!!

2 Likes

Heyo. I’m at the farm where I ride, which is fun. We do a race and BBQ for the Kentucky Derby. I was doing registration for the BBQ. And it was fun. But I also had SATs earlier and so it’s been about 12 hours awake and doing stuff for pretty much that whole time. So I’m so tired. And the bus back to my car has so many people and I think if I deal with any more people right now I’ll cry cause I’m so tired. So I’m gonna wait and hope the next bus is less crowded. Otherwaise I’m just gonna get on the next one and deal with it. So yeah. That’s where I’m at rn.

2 Likes

Did you see any of the races where you were? I went to a horse race one time and never saw a horse :racehorse:.