New title: Checking in here when I need to vent or need advice

I :heart:️ the Dalai Lama. Am just reading his book The Art of Happiness. Only on chapter 4, but it’s so good.

How’s school going? Hope you’re managing to enjoy the learning side of things and it’s not too stressful!

1 Like

I’ve heard it’s a great book. Schools ok. Pretty stressful, but it’s good.

Glad it’s good! :grin:

Yeah. Physics teachers a bit annoying but I’m trying hard and doing kinda ok.

2 Likes

I wish I would have taken physics. It seems interesting to me now. But I’m way past school age.

I’m having a hard time with eating. And with body image. For one, I feel like I’m way too fat, which I am. But also I hate having boobs. Like so much. Uhhh. But yeah. But also, having issues with hating how fat I am and not eating enough. Like today I had half a cup of yogurt, a cup of blueberries and like a third of an apple and that was it. I also just take a really long time to eat so I never get to eat that much during lunch at school even if I wanted to so ahhhhh. I’m generally feeling ok, but the whole body thing is ughhhhhhh

I don’t love it so far, but we’re doing really basic stuff. I’ve been looking forward to it for years lol.
You can totally still take a class at a community college or a continuing education course tho if you’re still interested in trying physics😊

1 Like

That really isn’t much to eat! Ok so honestly I don’t have experience with eating disorders and I know it’s sooo complicated. Have you got support for this?

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with your body image though. From our conversations on here though I know you do so much cool stuff and IMO that’s so much more important than what you look like!

Take it easy this weekend, rest when you need to and keep taking it one breath at a time :grin:

Nope. I’m too scared to tell anyone.
Lol thanks. I try to remind myself of that.
I have a race lol. Can’t really relax. Thanks. Imma try to like breathe.

1 Like

Yes definitely try and breathe! What was the race?

A friend of mine had an eating disorder and she found a local charity that was really helpful, offering lots of non-judgemental support. I found these guys in the USA (assuming that’s where you live!), if you haven’t come across them before it might be worth a look to see if there’s anything useful on their website: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org

Keep on keeping on mate :muscle:

It was for crew. It was awful and I had panic attacks. My teammates we’re so amazing and able to stick with me and understanding that I just needed space. They were amazing. We got 21/22.
Thanks. I have a bunch of therapy but I’m still scared to tell them. I just tend to force myself to eat. But yeah. I’ll definitely check that link out. Thanks!

1 Like

@Kakimime1
Yea, I should check it out.

1 Like

Totally! Never too late to try something new!

1 Like

I don’t know what country you’re in but here in the UK there are a couple of websites that have a pretty good selection of free courses - Future Learn and Open Learn. I think you have to pay if you want to get the certificates of completion.

I’m so pleased that you had some amazing people around to help you through!

Yeah. We have mooc and another big one, but I forget what it’s called.

Yeah, me too. I was super surprised and so happy lol.

1 Like

What! You think I should keep learning and growing? I can’t just veg in front of tv?

1 Like

Life is good. :unicorn:

2 Likes

Unicorn!!!