Im so confused

I relapsed after 4 long months of being clean from slf hrm. My partner told me that they needed to have some alone time because they are questioning their orientation, and that it isn’t a breakup, just- we don’t have the label of a relationship. This isnt the reason for my relapse but it was kinda a part of it. I’m so confused and hurt, but i cannot be upset because im glad they are taking time to take care of themselves. It just hurts because i don’t know what we are, and if we will ever be a thing again. I think i need a break too.
I don’t think there has been a time since i started to c*t that ive gotten all the way to 4 months. And I’m honestly so disappointed in myself. Im not okay.

2 Likes

It is ok to be confused and hurt and not ok. However, sh will not help the situation, ur partner must find their own path, and u must follow yours. What did u do to stay clean before? Can u use those tools now?

1 Like

I’m sorry love. I haven’t cut in years but scarcely a day goes by where I’m not reminded. I wish I could reach out and give you a hug. I am impressed that your partner was so open and honest with you. If nothing else, they at least respect you enough to do that. So what kept you clean for four months? Is it possible you could draw on any techniques that were previously working for you?

Remember don’t get too down on yourself. Setbacks happen. Look at this as a possible learning experience. Ask yourself what caused you to give in to the impulse this time. Try to develop a strategy to help you resist, the next time something like this happens.

Hang in hun.

1 Like

Thank you so much, honestly just trying to avoid it and push it away is what i usually do, and its not working like it used to.
Im very lucky that my partner chose to let me know but it still hurts ya know?

All i really did was try and ignore it
What i need to do is find some kind of thing that helps me. Because this isn’t working.

I know this is going to sound so stupid but uh… I draw on myself. like I’ll cover my entire arm in ink, marker, etc and just keep at it until my hand is tired

1 Like

I paint on myself sometimes but i hate waisting paint​:pensive::fist:

Thank you so much
Im really gonna try hard this time! And wait out whatever i have going in in my relationship for my partner:)))

1 Like