I'm starting to think I am a hypochondriac

Last fall I had a MINOR elevation in my ALT and I was convinced I was sick. If it wasn’t liver damage it must be my thyroid. I asked for every blood test under the sun and it all came back normal. Even the ALT returned to normal levels. I was upset wondering WHY the ALT was high.

Then around the holidays I got some horrible dandruff and some skin irritations. I was trying everything under the sun that was over the counter but finally got some relief from some prescriptions. I was convinced I had psoriasis. It’s gone away now so the psoriasis diagnosis is still on hold (need to wait for another outbreak which may be YEARS away).

But on top of that I’ve been having some very sore hands…usually around the lower knuckles (like INSIDE the hand…not where you visibly see the fingers). It aches all the time. I have a hard time holding a pen some days. I started to wonder if it was psoriatic arthritis since it started getting noticeably worse while all the skin stuff was happening.

So I just had blood tests and x-rays. Blood tests are all normal…no inflammation. X-rays look exactly like a normal hand…no damage or malformation.

FFS!! Nothing is ever wrong but I’m always having symptoms of something. Is it all in my head? (the symptoms are real but clearly the disease doesn’t exist) Do I need to stop going to my doctor and instead go see a psychiatrist? Is this normal to become obsessed and worried about your health while in recovery???

Idk if you need a psychiatrist or not, but I do know that when I was in early perimenopause, one of my symptoms was incredible joint aches, elbows and knuckles most especially. There were a myriad of other symptoms off and on, but that one was baffling until I found out perimenopause can be the culprit.

:heart: