Im struggling

im a single mom. im the soul support of three children. im also an alcoholic. i have been overcome by this disease a long long time. im starting to get hangovers and when i drink i do things i regret. im financially secure for the first time in my life and im in the process of gettong a promotion. im sick and tired of being sick and tired. in patient is not a possibility. i called outpatient facilities up to 50 miles from my home. either they dont have programs around my schedule or they dont take my ins. this is day one. im looking for a sponsor and im going to try to do 90 in 90. please keep me in your prayers…

10 Likes

You’re in my thoughts and prayers! You can do this and you have wonderful reasons to, I’m SO happy to see you reaching out and getting support! :heart: You are worthy of living the sober life and all the blessings it will offer.

Welcome you’ve taken the first brace step. You know you’ve got a problem and you know it’s affecting your life. Day 17 here for me so still very early days but I love this site and the support you get in here from other members. Keep logging in here. Share as much as you want and read as much on the posts as you can. You’re not alone and won’t be judged. Happy sober Wednesday from Northern Ireland x

2 Likes

Welcome!!! There is a book about mum’s who drink here. Good luck to you!

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from If you are struggling:

So glad your here. It is not an easy road but we are all here for each other. I love that your doing 90 in 90. I would not be sober today if I didn’t go to AA. Another thing that really helped with the cravings was medicine my dr prescribed to me. It was hard to tell my dr and family i was quiting but not as hard as the constant apologies and guilt after a night of drinking. Keep reading and posting.

2 Likes

Hi ur story is similiar to mine. I have 3 kids and am their sole support. Im also a returning college student. Many many years ago i started to drink to let go of the stress and tension i was building up from my situation. The years passed and my drinking never stopped. I found this site at a moment just like your feeling now. The ladies recomend a book called the naked mind. They not only suggested i buy it but were very firm. Go buy it now, it on amazon u can get in 2 days from now and read it. U can also buy a digital copy. Buy it and read it! It not a usual book about how alcohol hurts its a book that explore how alcholo is social constructed, it explores many aspects of mimd frame to how alcohol is every where. It will give you a new view on your own addiction. Which for me has been a great tool. Im now 24 days sober and thank this site, and the people here. You can do it, you have already gained the want to stop. Good luck

4 Likes

It’s a great book. There is also a podcast which is by the same person.

3 Likes

Though I can’t be your sponsor, I can definitely be a soul sister- I’m a single mom, 2 kids, and I have a good career so we have some things in common. Feel free to message me anytime! I’ve been going through sobriety for reals this time since august, so I know the struggle of early sobriety when you are the only decent person in your kids lives. It is hard, but it gets easier.

4 Likes

thank you so much

2 Likes

I also have 3 kids. They are my inspiration and they depend on me so much. You can do it! Your kids love you. Day 79 here

2 Likes

Congratulations on your decision to get sober, its the best decision you can ever make! Yes, the book, The Naked Mind, is very helpful so please download and read it asap. You and your children deserve a happy life, free from all the evil effects of that addictive cancer causing poison. Log on here often, awesome people here!

1 Like

Welcome single mom. I am also aiming for 90 days and am on track 62 days sober. The support and stories you can relate to on this app is highly beneficial.Take it one day at a time and it gets easier. Good luck

1 Like