I'm the guy on the right btw

Couldn’t figure out how to use another pic. I’m not great with social media

3 Likes

Hello guy on the right! Welcome to the forum! :smile: :wave:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m on morning of day 2 now. Needing to find things to keep myself busy. I got out of the navy recently and am not working. I didn’t do a good job finding things to do when I was in. I guess I just really have to go to meetings again and find a sponsor to keep track of me.

1 Like

I come on here a lot when I’m bored or need to stay accountable. Meetings help, but when I don’t have time, this becomes my meeting. Reading others stories and struggles is much like hearing it in those rooms. There’s also lots of threads on here with ideas on how to stay busy, I’ll tag you in one.

4 Likes

Thanks! I know only I can keep myself sober but I hope this place helps

2 Likes

I love the title of the thread, I may have even laughed out loud a little bit.

Welcome to the group. This is an amazing bunch of people with so many experiences and wisdom to share. You’ll find lots of support and plenty to read/comment/like when you’re feeling bored.

1 Like

Yeah, I really didn’t know what I was doing when I got on here. I just wanted to clarify that point… I definitely like the stories and support this provides. I just passed 2 days and it’s been rough. I wasn’t up to going to a meeting yesterday. Hopefully I can today!

I hope you made it to your meeting and that today is going better for you. The first couple days are rough!

2 Likes

I’ve been clean for 59 days about to be 60

Not today. Still feeling sick and not able to sleep. Not even thinking about drinking though. Thanks!

Thanks. Yeah, it’s definitely been helping me these past couple days.