Impossible. TW: ptsd, abuse, flashbacks, selfharm

81 days go, if you would have told me that today I would have a real smile and sense of pride, that I would be the woman I always knew I was, that I would be all this SOBER… I wouldn’t have believed you.

Why 81 days ago?

81 days ago I met myself. A coming to Jesus moment if you like to entertain such thoughts. Oh, it was ugly. I remember it all. Vividly.

Shattered glass.

Come on, you can make it all stop, just do it.

The thought of my 8 year old being upstairs makes the hair on my neck stand tall. However, I stand small. It’s not shame or embarrassment, but something has me cowering.

Fear.

What happens next? Can I do this? What if I fail?

We all ask those. Daily, I’m sure.

Fear has held me back my entire life, from being who I knew I always could be. If I just had the chance. The most empowering moment of my life, was getting into the ambulance, voluntarily. Surrendering completely. I needed help. The alternative was death, in one form or another.

81 days ago I realized how much power I had. The power to make this possible…

Hi. My name is Jesi. I am an addict.

TODAY I AM 80 DAYS CLEAN!

Thank you for taking the ride of a lifetime with me!

18 Likes

Congratulations :two_hearts: next will be 100! :heart_eyes::+1::sunglasses: X

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Amazing hard work to be celebrated! Wishing you 80 million more!

Stay healthy…Be Blessed!

1 Like

Thank you all so much. I’ve never had much of anyone be proud of me. Thank you for being here.

1 Like

Well I’m glad you chose to get in that ambulance 81 days ago because it gave us the chance to meet you (so to speak) and cheer you on. Congratulations on 80 days! I’m really fucking proud of you Jesi.

1 Like

Thank you so very much

1 Like