Infertility

Don’t even know what to say. Trying to stay clean but finding out your options of having kids has run-out sucks! I am being biopsed tomorrow for cancer. Either way…they have made it clear reproducing anymore isn’t an option. 36 and I am done.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this!! Have you ever considered adopting? Keep your head up and your crown straight!!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. Unless you’ve been through it, it’s impossible to understand. People in your life might say pretty hurtful things thinking they are helping. I’ve had many many miscarriages and IVF cycles after being infertile for years. It’s absolutely devastating. There is support out there, long ago (I’m and old lady now) I found a support forum similar to this that was extremely helpful. I’m still friends with a lot of the ladies to this day. That exact forum isn’t as active as it used to be back in the day, but I’m sure there’s others out there. I’m sending you love and support. I hope your biopsy comes back OK. Feel free to PM me at any time if you want to talk.

7 Likes

Oh MommaHope that is heartbreaking. It’s a special kind of pain when you learn that your body which is supposed to do this basic thing, does not do it. You feel like part of you has been cut out, and you feel hollow and you grieve.

My wife and I have been married 12 years & been through multiple IVF cycles. (We’re now on a waiting list to adopt.) Infertility affects 5-10% of heterosexual couples - it’s actually relatively common - but it hurts. It hurts, and you feel broken, and alone, and lost.

You are not alone in this. It’s a heartbreaking feeling, but you are not alone in it. You have the strength to navigate this feeling, sober. You have the strength to feel this, fully, and be there for yourself, sober.

Don’t ever give up on being your full, sober self. You deserve a safe life where you can be everything you are, in your perfect imperfection. Keep walking your path, every day, one day at a time :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi how your OK can you message me private and talk

1 Like

Really sad to hear this, and I hope your biopsy results are clear.

You probably dont want to hear this from a guy. But bear with me a little bit.

Life works in strange ways. I never wanted kids, but then i got married to the love of my life who already had three! I love them to bits and they give me a lot of joy, even when they drive me crazy. So, life throws things at you, but amazing things can also happen.